E hybrid motorway mpg

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Just wondered if anyone runs there e hybrid on long motorway runs regularly? Anyone got info on their mpg in hybrid mode on longer journeys? I do 80 miles round trip to work daily and wondered what I can expect when mine eventually turns up.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Just wondered if anyone runs there e hybrid on long motorway runs regularly? Anyone got info on their mpg in hybrid mode on longer journeys? I do 80 miles round trip to work daily and wondered what I can expect when mine eventually turns up.
When I picked mine up from the dealer in Leicester and drove to Glasgow, pretty much motorway the whole way, set the cruise to 70 mph and just took it easy. Achieved about 42mpg over about 350 miles

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
I've had mine for over a year and have done 20,000 miles of mainly motorway driving. Most of my journeys are 2 hours so over 100 miles. Fully charged I'll get in the early 60mpg region. When the battery is flat (generally after about 100miles) then I get about 45mpg.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Ouch, that is pretty bad, considering a 1.0eTSI mild Hybrid equivalent car would do about 60mpg on a national speed limit run. But of course ain't got the 200bhp on the PHEV nor the 200kg plus in batteries and electric motor. Guess these PHEV are more suited to city or maybe 40-50mph zones (guess almost 100mpg on these?).

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Ouch, that is pretty bad, considering a 1.0eTSI mild Hybrid equivalent car would do about 60mpg on a national speed limit run. But of course ain't got the 200bhp on the PHEV nor the 200kg plus in batteries and electric motor. Guess these PHEV are more suited to city or maybe 40-50mph zones (guess almost 100mpg on these?).
PHEV's are most suited for city traffic. You don't have to carry 500kg battery but can drive almost all time electric. But it's taking away the range anxiety.

However, I chose a PHEV (Cupra) despite doing 90% highway just because I wanted +200bhp but did not want 30mpg. But for an EV I'm doing too much miles that I don't want to take the risk in winter time. I'm only still waiting for production and delivery.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire

It's a balancing act with a PHEV if I'm getting the balance right I can on average get around 150 mpg. But if you end up having to do a long journey that can bring the average down pretty quickly. Annoyingly the long term range seems to delete itself after about 1500 miles so it's hard to get an exact figure but from what I've seen before it resets I'm getting about 75-80mpg which for 200+ hp (which I tend to use all of quite often) is pretty decent.

Reactions: Richiepoos
Jul 26, 2022
The trick with the eHybrid on long journeys is to set the battery to not go below a certain point (60% works well for me). I get 42mpg when I've got zero battery, but 60mpg easy for as long as I like when there is some charge remaining.

Reactions: KokDu
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise