DV Relocation Questions And Answers

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i'm gonna be messing around again with mine, some time soon. Not happy, but determined anyway :)
I can't see it being my dv, but gonna stick std one on for a blast and see what happens.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Has that Forge got all the 'o' rings in? If it has, sounds like you need a service kit.

The blue pipe on the scc car is an oil breather pipe, not a DV pipe.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Feel said:
Has that Forge got all the 'o' rings in? If it has, sounds like you need a service kit.

yes it has , ok ill order one tmorrow how much?

Feel said:
The blue pipe on the scc car is an oil breather pipe, not a DV pipe.

where does the other end go? cos when i removed the intercooler pipes it was oily, it this venting back to the air intake a cause of this?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
RickC said:
where does the other end go? cos when i removed the intercooler pipes it was oily, it this venting back to the air intake a cause of this?

I think someone said they've used the washer bottle as a catch tank. Yes, it's the crank case breather and the recirculation I think.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Feel said:
I think someone said they've used the washer bottle as a catch tank. Yes, it's the crank case breather and the recirculation I think.

would you say getting an oil cach tank is a good idea?

cheers pabs ill try that tonight

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
It's a "good" idea yes. But only really needed on the track, I would say. Not going to hurt anything, but a bit of a waste on a road car.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
ordered a service kit from forge today, and the MAP sensor bracket, so im gonna get that made up into a piece of silicone pipe with a dv take off on it too

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise