DV Relocation Questions And Answers

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
ive had a relocation kit for a long time now, and put the forge 007p on too, thought it was great until i put the dv back in stock position with stock dv, when stock the car felt stronger and the traction light came on from a standing boot, i reverted back to the recirc with the stock dv and it was good but didnt feel as strong, i think i have a problem with the forge dv aswel, but what im getting at is when i was fitting my FMIC i saw the pipe infront of the battery has an air sensor or similar.

when the stock dv recircs the air its before this sensor, but with it being relocated its after this sensor, it maybe has something to do with my problems, what is the main job for this sensor, and if it is a problem i will make a pipe to vent the dv before the sensor and move the sensor closet to the inlet manifold.

any thoughts ideas?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I must admit I'm still not happy with my dv relocation kit. Just doesnt feel as good as it did.
I'm getting the strange-noise again now, so blue spring hasnt sorted my issues. Going to have to revert back to std spring and see what happens there, and then get rid of the DV relcation kit I think. Trouble is, I had to cut into my own Samco hose - but I suppose I can leave the T-piece in and block the hole.

Let me know how you get on mate

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
i had a nosey at them but decided against it as theres more piping etc to pressurise before things actually work, i gave it a miss.
youre probably not down in power but its just not as hard hitting as initially.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
agreed Brendy, i just thought that with the colder air it would combat that..... some people seem to get good results (Iceman) but others don't.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
I cant see how it can improve anything mate other than maybe preserve the life of the valve a little longer due to a little less heat fatigue on the grease and rings inside. maybe im not looking at the idea from the same angle.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
pabs i have the noise too never had it before but i do now, what warranty do you get with forge 007?

the pic below shows the scc car with the original dv location blocked off, with no take off after the sensor in question, so they must have a take off somewhere before, anyone else have any pics of the scc cars engines?

8b95f88d.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
IIRC, forge did a lifetime guarantee with their valves?? Might be wrong though.

There cant really be anything wrong with the valves other than the rings/piston and grease - all of which you can sevice the valve with a kit from forge.

When I get a chance (and the weathers better - its p*ssing down atm) I'm gonna move the DV back into stock position, and block off the T piece with the cap that you use to block one of the pipes at stock position with. Then i might experiment with different springs again - currently using blue but might find that I can swap back to yellow or even green in the stock position - depends if i still get the noise. I might try it in reverse in the stock position and see what happens.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Pabs said:
IIRC, forge did a lifetime guarantee with their valves?? Might be wrong though.

There cant really be anything wrong with the valves other than the rings/piston and grease - all of which you can sevice the valve with a kit from forge.

When I get a chance (and the weathers better - its p*ssing down atm) I'm gonna move the DV back into stock position, and block off the T piece with the cap that you use to block one of the pipes at stock position with. Then i might experiment with different springs again - currently using blue but might find that I can swap back to yellow or even green in the stock position - depends if i still get the noise. I might try it in reverse in the stock position and see what happens.

when i try the dv test it gets stuck sometimes.

put pen inside dv and push open, put ffinger on top and take pen away, thake finger off and it stays stuck open 2 out of 3 times, its all been re greased and cleaned,

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
If your DV is sticking then you'll have to get the cleaning kit from forge and replace the o rings an clean and re-grease it. I've had my DV for about 3 years and other than one regrease its been fine without any maintanence. I have the standard spring inside and now using it on a relocation kit without any problems.

Pete

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
rick the test is supposed to be a fairly instantaneous one, as much as that when you press it in and let go its the second or so after that is whats important, if it begins to slide a little a few secs later doesnt matter.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
cordobabrendy said:
rick the test is supposed to be a fairly instantaneous one, as much as that when you press it in and let go its the second or so after that is whats important, if it begins to slide a little a few secs later doesnt matter.

it doesnt move at all, it may well be the O ringsnot making it sit square in the chamber

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
as far as i know when you have your finger over the hole and let go of the internal valve its supposed to drop slightly, if yours doesnt move at all that sounds strange, just had a thought, the three rubber seals that come with the kit, two are identical, one is slightly different, its for the top and the other two go inside.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
yes mine does drop a little but but then stays up, ive not changed the o rings in it yes but its not been on long, what greese do you ues? i may have the wrong one

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
ive got comma grease here but have been using the stuff that forge send out free with the maint kit. email them and tell them you are a member here and they will send you one out, probably free, i did! it includes new rubbers, grease and internal piston bit.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
ok chers will do,

so thats sorted hopfully anyone know what that sensors fro and should i make a pipe that vents the dv beore the sensor?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
found this, note the Dv take off on the cold side and that the thrust sensor has been repositioned to the inlet manifold now. so i must be sort of correct (hopefully) the dv needs to be vented before the thrust sensor, ill try this out to see if my theory is correct, i have found a local pip manufacturer who makes samco pipes red blue yellow and silver, so ill get a t piece made up with the thrust sensor mounting on it too.

b08c58cb.jpg

edit dont think its a DV pipe Doh

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
The "thrust sensor " is your MAP Sensor - it senses the boost pressure for the ECU.

You can't really compare yours with a Supacopa, as they don't run the same ECU. If you look they don't run with a MAF either. I'm sure I've seen some pictures of a Supacopa running with more than one MAP sensor, I don't know if they run a DV at all?

Pressure is pressure - the pipe between the turbo outlet and the Throttle body will be (practically) the same pressure throughout, so it won't really matter.

I'd be looking at the hose you used to do the relocation with to check it has no leaks.

If you have done a full relocation, I don't see how there is more pipe to pressurise - the difference would be the length of the pipe between the DV and the main pressure hose. (which might actually be shorter!).

You have actually got a spring in your DV haven't you? For the piston to stick up without your finger over the hole, your DV has got to be seriously ferked...

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
so it wont matter where i put it then, the Dv i have deffo gets stuck looks like its comong down at an angle slightly making it stick, but still even with the stock dv in cold location it doesnt work as good as stock location.

also wheres the other end of the blue pipe go on the SCC car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.