DV relocation Question

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ah ok, didnt know the SFS was a 1 piece pipe...

Anyway, yes the problems I have are the same as on many other threads. But the DV relocation has made the problem 100 times worse, so there must be a logical reason for this.

I broke down on the M3 today, but luckily managed to get into Winchester services. Found that my intercooler hose was leaking, and it just pushed itself off the intercooler connection. I thought my boost leak was from my boost gauge, cos thats where it sounded like it was coming from.

Appears not now - got the hose back on and SO LUCKILY I put a screwdriver and spanner in my car this morning on my way to work to change my DV around at lunchtime - used these to put the hose back on and now NO boost leak. However, really do notice the DV problem now... Don't understand why moving the DV would make the problem worse.

Have emailed forge and posted in their forum so hopefully get some advice soon. In the meantime I will reverse my DV.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Did you get around to servicing the DV? I know there are a few test to do on the Forge website to make sure the DV is working 100%? This may be the problem? As from what I know the chip is the turbo blades stalling which means the DV is not working fast enough? I could be wrong but maybe putting the OEM dv back on for a few runs to see if this cures it?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Scotty_b said:
As from what I know the chip is the turbo blades stalling which means the DV is not working fast enough?

Hence why the stiffer spring worked on Jonah's LC running stage 2 & the DV Relocation.

Still hear a whoosh, just no chuff chuff chuff :)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Would that cause the reaction to be slower tho a stiffer spring? Or is it due to the weak spring leaking so theres not as much pressure to open it?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
m0rk - how strong a spring do you think is safe to go then? How far did you take it with Jonah's?

I have yellow at the moment, I can definately see how your theory/ideas work, perhaps i just havent gone strong enough? Maybe a shim or 2 as well....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If it comes with green, and yellow is 'stiffer' then it has a yellow one in.

other than that - it's std 007

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
what i meant was is it safe to go stiffer than yellow? I have yellow in at the moment, which is stiffer than the std green. I have heard bad things about red springs.... but what about the next one up? (Blue?)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Tis ok - think i have answered my own question using the "search" LMAO

First move I am going to put std dv back on and test. Won't be for long, just to see if its still there or not. Probably will be as bosch unit probably cant handle the extra 10psi ish of boost.

Seems that feel is running a blue spring, so might give that a go. Have a test drive. If better, cool, if not, switch down to green.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.