DV relocation Question

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Just a quick question, when you do the relocation of the DV to the IC does the return go into the TIPor to the other pipe? Seen a few pictures done both ways so not sure whats best!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ah you mean bottom facing the bulkhead?
Wouldnt the other way round just means its in the revers posn like some people have it?

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
MarkE said:
Don't forget, it goes on its side when you relocate because the "lower" port on the DV is the return.

img.php

Umm mine isn't?

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
As far as I can tell, no-one's had any problems from "reversing" the DV but some have reported that it was a bit louder. I just fitted mine as per the OE installation, which puts it on its side because the inlet feed comes from below rather than off to the side.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
scotty, which way around did you fit your dv in the end?
Sorry to drag up an old thread - just wanted to find out someone elses opinion of the kit.
Cheers

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
cant really tell from the pics pete, but is your dv "reversed" compared to OEM bosch DV?
Looks like the hose from the TIP goes into your side of your DV, and the intercooler goes to the base.... On OEM dv doesnt the TIP go to base of DV(oppsite end of vacuum)???

Wondering if I should swap mine around - seems like a lot of people have it that way..

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Here's mine.

And from the pics of Icecavern's that looks to be in the reversed position to me, but i cant be too sure coz of the pic.

DSC03740.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
ho hum - everyone is different! So many people with it either way - forge guide seems "reversed" ie like petes.....

The problem I have is just annoying the pants off me. Want to get it sorted, just really dont know where to look.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
2005-07-25132.jpg

I thought mine was in the same way as stock, so the base goes to the Tip and the bit from the middle goes to the IC pipe. But now im not sure if this is reversed or not! Had no problems with it so far tho

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Yes but dont forget that was a custom pipe i had made by SFS.
RobDon would be your best port of call for iamages id say as he seemed to have the cleanest way to run th DV relocation on the cupra's.

Shouldnt be too much hassel to just flip ot over should it? If its the wrong way round? The way i looked at it, the pipe that went into the turbo pipe (my L shaped pipe on the top of the engine, sorry not 100% where it goes on the LC) should go into the IC pipe

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Scotty_b said:
Yes but dont forget that was a custom pipe i had made by SFS.

Yeh well, I thought the forge kit was designed for these cars and hence it should be "custom" to them anyway.

Scotty_b said:
Shouldnt be too much hassel to just flip ot over should it? If its the wrong way round? The way i looked at it, the pipe that went into the turbo pipe (my L shaped pipe on the top of the engine, sorry not 100% where it goes on the LC) should go into the IC pipe

My DV is the same way as stock. I am pretty sure of that now. If I can find a socket/screwdriver, I might flip the DV around at work today. Then drive home (60miles) and see what its like.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The forge kit is to my knowledge a cut and shut job on the existing pipe? Where as the SFS is a single formed silicon pipe.

What are the exact problems you’re finding with the relocation mate? Is it the ‘Chirping’ you mentioned on a previous thread?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.