DSG NOISE

Sep 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

car spec: seat Leon FR, 2.0 petrol & Dsg gearbox (current mileage 40K

just a bit of background on the issue. The noise appeared out of nowhere on a Sunday morning (was fine the Saturday) but to best describe what I’m hear is a scrapping noise like two metal bits rubbing together and it only is present or most auditable in D1, D2 & D3.

The car is kangarooing some within those gears and on an incline like a hill the noise is louder and the kangarooing is much greater. The greater the load the most it’s noticeable.

I thought it may be something like a stone stuck between the Caliper and backing plate but the noise only ever happens when I accelerate or press the gas pedal. The noise is also much fainter going down hill (I’m guessing due to there being less load on the gearbox). I have no warning lights on the dash so it’s not flagging anything.

Anyway my car is booked in for the 18th of October (earliest they had) but I wanted to get some opinions on this by others who may had a similar issue. From what I’ve read It could be a clutch pack or just a bad dsg. I still have 8 months on my used car warranty with seat pentagon and i have had the Dsg service done in April of this year at 39k miles.

Please see the two below videos of the sound (turn volume up) you may have to copy and past the YouTube links.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.