DRL gone yellow and dim

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I'd be contacting dealer I think as the led lights are designed to last the life of the car I believe

gaffer1986

It's out of warranty now :( if only I had normal traditional headlights, this would be a simple fix, a new bulb.

I think that even if something is supposed to last the life of the car does not mean the dealer will take responsibility for it for the life of the car.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
i'd check the obvious first - the connections to the back of the headlight unit. I've never looked closely at LED headlights but I'm assuming they have some sort of multiconnector on the back of them.

You got VCDS? Does a scan show up anything?

The DRLs dim when you indicate or when you've got side lights on. Maybe a dodgy connection is confusing them?

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Ive think I saw this car the other day in thamesmead on the flyover ! You're close ! Too bad it's not a cupra though

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Hmm there's someone else stealing your idea of using a Fr Leon as a learners car. I'll find them and challenge them to a 30-100 for you . You're welcome

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
I would contact Seat UK direct and challenge them on their claim that LED headlights will last the life of the car.

gaffer1986

I would contact Seat UK direct and challenge them on their claim that LED headlights will last the life of the car.
That's a very good point.

Found the press release that states the lifetime thing:

http://www.seatpress.co.uk/release/882/

Thank you, having looked into it I'm suspicious it's the balast, can't see 3 out of 4 led strips failing together, but neither can I see two balasts partially failing either.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Take out an extended warranty....... wait a while then claim.

At £800 a headlight I wouldn't want to be paying the bill to replace them!

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
Don't spend that kind of money before contacting Seat UK regardless of any warranty situation. That costs nothing.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Even if it states "designed to last the life of the car" if hardly call 3 years a lifetime!!!! I'd be getting on the phone first thing to seat uk for sure.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
Just found this in the Owners Handbook.

Full-LED headlights are designed to last the life of the car, and light bulbs cannot be replaced. In case of headlight failure go to an authorised workshop and have it replaced.

Clearly, the headlight is not fit for purpose if it cannot last as long as a conventional bulb. Talk to your local dealer. If you have no luck there go to Seat UK. I would expect a free replacement or, at least, a significant contribution to the cost of a replacement.

Go for it!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
you can replace just headlight daylight module part number 5F0941475 left 5F0941476 right 30£ used on ebay. New one around £80

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.