• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 22/23 Does it sound normal ?

Oct 12, 2024

Hello everyone.

I’ve my formentor 1.5 TSI since one week now, and I would like to know if it sounds normal.

I hear that whistle only when I am stopped in idle.
It‘s barely noticeable when I’am in parking mode, and more louder when I am in D/S.

I add some oil last week if that can help.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Well I'd say given the whistle noise follows the engine revs, it could be a component or bearing on the serpentine belt.

You should try identify the same noise from inside the engine bay where the source could be better pinpointed, away from interior isolation.

Turn the A/C off and on to eliminate the A/C clutch. Also worth turning the fan off completely to reduce any competing noises.

Oct 12, 2024
I went to my garage yesterday.

Appently they know this issue. They think it's this box (I don't know what it's for) who create some "static electricity" and make some noise in the cabin.
They will change it and i will tell you if they were right.

images_list-r4x3w1000-60b751898104c-dsc-0093-resultat-jpg.jpg