Currently Interested In Perchasing a Cupra R!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Matt Cupra R said:
Hi

I'm picking up my new LCR tomorrow. The reasons I have bought the car may also answer your questions.

Currently (and don't hold this against me) I have a BMW 330i. In one year it has lost £4k, so I wanted a car that I would not lose so much on in future. The LCR is quoted as retaining over 50% of it's value after 3 years, which is much higher than many other cars and is backed up by cars for sale currently.

As for reliability, you will be buying a car that still has 2 years warrentee. I wanted a car I could keep for 3 years and not worry if it broke down, so now I can look forward to being covered for 3 years or 36k.

Also, after reading this forum, the running costs look tiny in comparison to both my last car and the ones you mention.

If you are at Seat in Crewe on Saturday, I may see you there.

Matt

Welcome to the site M8 and hope you enjoy your motor.

Keep an eye out for our local meet, in Stoke, last sunday of every month, 29th Jan, it will be good to see some new faces as the old ones are fairly ugly and depressing......:ban:

I might see you around anyway, as i work in Crewe.

Last edited:

criztal

i know ill get the 10k back i paid for my LCR with 7k on the clock!!!!!!

Leeboy22001

Jun 19, 2002
Portsmouth
Visit site
Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilema, I currently have an 02 plate 20VT Cupra, and has been touch wood reliable, and done 45k. I'm now undecided whether to sell up or trade-in and get the FR+ leon, leon TDI FR with LCR body kit and 17in LCR alloys for the £13,500 :blink:

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
Ant FR said:
In your opinion, which was faster the 330i or the Leon, out of interest

Not wishing to start any arguments I will try to state facts only. Based on standard cars only, both being manual with good tyres etc, the BMW is quicker. )-62 is quicker and being rear whell drive easier to get the power down, and top speed on the 330 is limited to 155mph. Saying that though, around the twisties, as standard, the Leon would leave the BMW for dust. You have to spend a fair bit of money to get the BM to handle well.

paulsnewcuprar

Apr 8, 2006
I personally found that the Focus RS i had would never better 20mpg,and it was standard.

My Cupra R,that is modified never really drops below 23mpg,and i have seen over 31mpg on a run.

The RS was,and still is an absolutely fantastic car,with handling that has to be experienced to be believed,but i now have a car to fill that side of my life,and i have to say,i am more impressed with the LCR for what i paid for it(13.5k-54plate-9000 miles)than i was with the M3 Convertable which i had before it(31k-53 plate-19,000 miles)...................oh,and in the 6 weeks i owned the M3,i done 4,500 miles and lost £3500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

So don't be fooled by any claims of residuals...........................for any car!!!!!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.