Cupra Wheel choice

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Bit of a dilemna...

The local tuner has got me in a set of BBS CH's in black 8x18" They also have a 19" set in.

I got a quote for Black O.Z ultraleggeras, little bit cheaper and lighter....

So basically it's 18" ultraleggeras, 18" black ch's or 19" black ch's

Opinions??

Oh the 19's will be 235/35/19 the 18's 225/40/18 Good year F1 assymetrical

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
All options will look nice on your Red Cupra. I would personally go for the 19" Black CH's as they will fill the arches a bit more.

I looked at getting some O.Z's, yes they are lighter but IMO they don't look as nice as the BBS wheels.

I opted for the CK's as they were cheaper than the CH's and I liked the Anthracite colour choice.

Here's some pics of my 19's:-

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1682-1.jpg

DSCF1689-1.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Given that you are doing so much to your car to make it go faster, why laden it with heavy wheels?

Anything lightweight is good in my book. Why not go for the same ones I did (Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in gloss black). Your car would then look a lot like this :)

28022009155.jpg

From the 2 you listed I would get the lightweight wheels.

Last edited:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
personally i'd go for the 18s and go for CK's over CH. ck spokes go right to the edge of the rim so they will look bigger than Ch.

as for anthracite colour, u can also get them in a couple of other shades.. including a lovely ball burnished one...

dscf0022ou5uh0tv2.jpg

ps... sellin ur cupras? :) lol

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Fitted CH's in 18 today.

The arch gap is frustrating me lol KW's go on next week though. Want to paint the rim protector red. Any one who's done this able to advise on how easy it is to remove?? Looks to be glued on...

tackits

Do you have any photo's of the wheels on your car? I'd be interested as I fancy a set myself.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
The wheels are looking great! I've just had my standard rims refurbed and painted gloss black. Make a big difference.

Does look high though... maybe just because of the different wheel size. Looking forward to seeing the coilovers on!

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Thanks,

Yeah does look high, especially on pics but it's the same wheel siza as std...

Sorry, I meant wheel colour not size!

I've just had my standard rims done in gloss black and for some reason its made the ride height look tractor-esque! Need some lowering springs now.... :whistle:

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Its addictive!

I think the exhaust ruined my plans not to go any further as it just sounds ssooooo gooooooooooodd!!! [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members