Cupra tyre choice.

Vidal Baboon

Was'nt there a deal on here a few weeks ago for Vredstein Sportracs?

Had them on my Fiat Coupe 20VT & loved them.

They take a few miles to warm up, but fantastic at laying down the power & pretty good in the wet too.

Also, they last pretty well.

If you're after a tyre to last long & have sporty credentials, look at the Bridgestone Turanza- fantastic tyre & pretty common to see high teens to early twenty thousand miles out of a set.

Eagle F1 seems to be the default choice of many fast car owners, for the price they command, I've never been that taken with them.

Have a look on Black Circles or Camskills.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I used my Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics on my Oulton Park trackday a couple of weeks ago and the weather was really unpredictable, rain, shine, rain, shine etc.

The tyres were just fantastic in all conditions, - I would strongly recommend them , - tonnes of grip and feel (I use mine with pure Nitrogen inflation as this reduces the big temperature variations and therefore wear). :)

Lance

My 08 plate K1 which I purchased from new came with Pirelli as standard fit.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
I will be replacing my Pirelli P-Zero rosso's with the Goodyear eagle F1 assymetrics as I have not heard anything but great reports about them.

The Stigness

Michelin Pilot exalto ..is the best tyre i have ever used .. pity they are so pricey.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I am not sure that Stig's Michelins will work as well in our chilly climate ! ;)

I think that's why the Goodyears work so well here as the rubber compound is so soft.

The Stigness

yeah i forgot how cold it is up there... but the advantage is that the cold air must be awesome for the turbo.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I had two winters on the old GSD3 on my LCR and they were fine, oddly. I had one winter so far on the Asymmetric and as a result of spectacularly poor performance on cold roads I've bought winter tyres.

Basically, if the winter is mild, you won't notice any probs besides wheel spin moving off if you use too much throttle. If the winter is bad like a few days earlier this year, you won't get moving.

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
I've been thinking about replacing my owrn front P-zeros for Eagle F1s. Is there any reason I can't put Eagles on the front and keep the Pirellis on the back two since the tread is still fine? One tyre place I spoke to seemed to think this may cause handling difficulties because they are assymetrix (whatever that means).

dimension_fm

I have just done that, my pirellis on the front were dead after 17k so opted for the goodyear F1, Havent really had chance to play yet though as its been raining and with the new tyres it was like they were made of ice.
Liking the F1's though, Far better rim protector on them than the pirelli's, oh btw i have 18s.

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
i fitted 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics and a set of eibach pro springs on my leon a week ago to replace the slick pilot and some weird asian budget on the back , with the pilot / budget combo the handling was so unpredictable if not scary !! had alot of rain this week but it seems like i ve now got a new motor .. superb ! :funk: