Cupra tyre choice.

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
Hello gents. My mk2 Cupra will soon be needing some new front tyres after 18500miles.

Is anyone getting many more miles from a front set with normal driving than that? Has anybody got a recommendation as to what brands i should go for? price vs performance vs durability?

At the moment i have Pirelli Pzeros 225/40zR1892Y -- standard manufacturers set i think.

Cheers

Poverty

goodyear eagle f1 assy.

The standard bridgestones lasted 4k, the eagle f1's about 5.5k. The eagles are alot more fun though :D

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I wouldn't take any notice of the above mileage as you mention normal driving - Eagle F1 all the way.

Poverty

I wouldn't take any notice of the above mileage as you mention normal driving - Eagle F1 all the way.

Sorry should have expanded. It was just to show that just because the eagle f1's are much grippier, doesnt mean they dont last as long or longer.

Infact eagle f1's always last longer with me than other tires for some reason :shrug:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
T1R's or Proxe 4's...you should be able to pick these up for slightly cheaper than the F1's without compromise on performance

either way, they'll feel much grippier than the PZeros and quieter too

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I was advised to get falken because they were cheap and what i had in mind was conti's contact 3's...seems like everyone is gunning for F1s so i mite buy them i need to 2 sets for the rear :)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
T1R's or Proxe 4's...you should be able to pick these up for slightly cheaper than the F1's without compromise on performance

either way, they'll feel much grippier than the PZeros and quieter too

Although them 2 are slightly cheaper you will be compromising on performance compared to the f1s.

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
had to get mine done(all 4) yesterday, i asked for eagle f1's but they only had pireli p6000's in stock and that they would be the same if not better!? i had no choice as my tyres where described as 'slicks'!

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
Anybody disagree and think they have any make that is 'better' than Eagle F1s. In my Pirelli Pzero Rossos I found aquaplaning quite common. what sort of mileage in normal use can you expect from Eagle F1s? are they as durable as Pzeros?

Poverty

had to get mine done(all 4) yesterday, i asked for eagle f1's but they only had pireli p6000's in stock and that they would be the same if not better!? i had no choice as my tyres where described as 'slicks'!

my dads volvo has pirelli p6000 :p

Planning is the key with tyres. Havent come across anywhere that ever has eagle f1 gsd3's or assys in stock.

Yes the goodyear has got good rim protection, and yes the goodyear is also well regarded for wet use.

ianctr

I picked up my 58 plate K1 2 weeks ago (Seat demo 2900 miles) and it came with Dunlop Sport Maxx. I thought that Bridgestone were the standard tyre on this car?

I have found that the Dunlop Sport Max have good grip both wet and dry and rim protection is good also.

Not sure if this is the oem tyre now? Can anyone shed any light on this?

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Although them 2 are slightly cheaper you will be compromising on performance compared to the f1s.

I've got Toyo T1R's wrapped on my BBS CK's and I'm well impressed with the performance and grip. Maybe that's because they are 235 and not 225 wide.

Didn't think much of the Pirelli's that were on my Orion wheels.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I picked up my 58 plate K1 2 weeks ago (Seat demo 2900 miles) and it came with Dunlop Sport Maxx. I thought that Bridgestone were the standard tyre on this car?

I have found that the Dunlop Sport Max have good grip both wet and dry and rim protection is good also.

Not sure if this is the oem tyre now? Can anyone shed any light on this?

My FR came with the Sport Maxx in 225/40/18 format. I found them much better in the winter months than the Eagle F1s, but they suffer in the summer.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.