• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

CUPRA ID app

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
Anyone managed to set up the app so it can find car position and alerts, says dealer needs to confirm customer id. Anyone resolved it? My dealer is looking into it

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Can now control ventilation of my Formentor from the app, think a software update has happened.Still need the ID verified at the dealers to allow.doors to be controlled.. still strpnim right direction ?
I thought you could only activate heating/cooling remotely on electric and hybrid Formentor models?

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
I can start my ventilation from the app, you can't control the temperature, you would need to pre set the temperature before you left the car, so if you know its going to freeze, turn heat up to max

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
I can start my ventilation from the app, you can't control the temperature, you would need to pre set the temperature before you left the car, so if you know its going to freeze, turn heat up to max
Thank you!

I think I will miss my heated windscreen in my Ateca so this could be a useful feature!

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Just a wee piece of info for anyone who has/getting the Formentor.
When you make an account “Seat/Cupra ID” make sure all the info you input is the same as what proof of ID you use to validate with your dealer. I had missed a few minor details that was hindering the validation process.Once the dealer validates you/car the app works as it should.

Reactions: Syphon

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Is there anything useful in the app? Can someone post more, maybe some screenshots?

Previously, I gave fake information to manufacturer to have app connected to the car and it worked (Mercedes, Audi). No one ever asked to see my documents, just the logon email address to authorise in the system. I don't see myself giving my actual data and feeding them to telematics, so manufacturer can collect all the info.

Reactions: jcbmally

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Hopefully some good news? I collected my Formentor on the 30th Dec, but I had to wait a little longer on the day as Cupra required a 'critical software update' to be applied before they would allow the car to be registered. After collection, I managed to get the Cupra Connect App sorted and even got my ID validated by using the two keys in the car - no need to visit a dealer - recognised me on entry and prompted me to input my passcode. So, all good so far. Late last week (6th Jan?), the car messaged that a 'software update' was required and I duly accepted the prompt. Not sure what 'updated', but it was backward step as the car would only then set up in 'Guest user' mode, as per other forum experiences. Today, I've gone into the 'User' menu and re-established myself as the Primary User, following the steps in the User Manual, and I'm pleased to report that my car recognises me again! Not only that, but I can confirm that the mirror settings remembered me and seem to follow the 'key' and didn't need me to press the seat memory number. Happy days, although too early to be totally confident, seems like Cupra is starting to get this sorted, suggest you give it a try?

Reactions: jcbmally

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Started setting up but not sure what features and advantage there is with the app.
Is this just a clever way of seeing info on mobile and setting a few functions remotely from mobile.
Am I missing out on some other funtions/ updates to car if not using the app?

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Started setting up but not sure what features and advantage there is with the app.
Is this just a clever way of seeing info on mobile and setting a few functions remotely from mobile.
Am I missing out on some other funtions/ updates to car if not using the app?
That's about the measure of it, although I stayed away for work last week and I heard a car alarm in the Hotel car park, and it was reassuring to check the App and be confident it wasn't my car that was alarming. Only other positive is the remaining range on the App, as I occasionally need to travel decent distances at short notice so know whether I need to fit a fuel stop into the mix. I suspect it will also ensure software updates happen, bit not sure?

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I'd rather walk to the window to check car alarm, than look for the phone, open app and check there. I read enough stories about car apps showing false information like door or boot open, so I wouldn't trust it anyway

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I'd rather walk to the window to check car alarm, than look for the phone, open app and check there. I read enough stories about car apps showing false information like door or boot open, so I wouldn't trust it anyway
It was 3am and a large hotel with no line of sight to the car park. It may not be everyone's choice, and I wouldn't 'buy' the App for this purpose, but it was a benefit to me on this occasion.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Agree if it ain't working for you or you haven't set it up don't worry it's not the end of the world. You've pretty much summed it up really, decent to check range left of fuel out of the car and it does seem pretty reliable from my use so far. I used the ' horn and turn signals' feature just to see if it would work. ( It doesn't exactly get lost amongst cars in the car park ha). The other decent feature which I can see would be some use is the map and directions back to your car. So if you went somewhere you had never been before and weren't sure which direction your car was you can follow GPS to it.

The app did tell me that I had left my lights on and I went and checked and it was right I had manually overwritten the 'auto' lights on the console but with these modern cars anyway they turn themselves off to save the battery.? Long gone are the days where your battery becomes flat because you have left your lights on..

You can study your mpg on each individual drive as well and set the ventilation/ pre heating which will be useful on a frosty day but I've not played with these features properly yet.