• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 20/21 Creak from steering at low speed / stationary

Mobile Chicane

Jul 16, 2024
Steering “creak” I had a technical bulletin done on my 2021 32k Formentor in June and it got rid of it, 3 months and about 3000 miles later and it looks like the issue is back but less obvious.

The work I had done was warrantied for a year so they will need to sort it for free.
Anyone else had this and did you get to see the technical bulletin details?

It went in today to be looked at and they reckon it needs a new steering rack to remove the issue of the creak.
However when asked I was told the car was safe to drive for 2000+ miles I was informed that it was ok to drive normally.
I can live with the creak if its only a mildly irritating noise and nothing more sinister as it only occurs on sub 1mph manoeuvring and not all the time even then.
Before even asking about cost of the new rack and fitting the service advisor said he would be approaching Cupra for some kind of goodwill towards the costs.
As I paid the £660 for the previous work (refunded to me later by the third party warranty company) I'm hope full that Cupra cover the whole bill or most of it.
I previously had goodwill on a camera on the same car from them and the bill went from £700 to just over £100.
I'll update with more info as it occurs.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise