components

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
man id love to have your job!!!!

US amps lovely but loadsa money for the decent oldskool ones!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
yeah there pretty good it. I reckon with a decent amp ull prob be seein low 140dB which aint bad!!! You got to go for a ported box tuned to about 35Hz mate!

timmybiza

hey guys, sorry to but in here you all seem to know ur stuff, iv got DLS amps, they are wicked!!!! iv also got ADS components 3 ways!!! they sound sweet but they dont go incredibbly loud but they are a nice sound, got few mates wiv installs all v expensive but they all like them, if you go to www.caraudioinnovations.co.uk you should see pics of mine and my mate ibiza. ill try and fimd some piocs of mine and put them up

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i love them builds dude how much did they cost to get done??? Fancy selling them to me??

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
You were pretty right in what went where in that list but as has been mentioned, it depends on what your listening preferances are,

of what I know I've added what these companies are best at as with everything the saying "jack of all trades master of none" applies (though JL Audio come close)

Alpine - Head unit's only really used in many audiophie competition cars
Diamond - Speakers are there forte, high level crystal clear sound for the components tend to have silk dome tweeters so very soft sound. Subs I've got a 6 year old 12 inch sub that's still sounds the nuts seriously solid build, weighs a ton, thumps big time and can follow the craziest of basslines without breaking a sweat!
DLS - Very good component speakers, never heard Sub's
Genesis - The Daddy of amp builders, hand made in the UK not one for the bassheads, hear very good things about there components!
JL Audio - Very good all rounders, very very good at Subs, got a set of comps myself nice sound for both rock & Dance.
MB Quart - very good component speakers, reasonably priced
Nakamichi - The cleanest sounding head unit's for competition, not flashy again not for bassheads!
Phoenix Gold - Long standing top level Amp's, crystal sound, very very expensive.
Pioneer - top of the midrange stuff, like Kenwood jack of all trades master of none.
Rainbow - very good components.
Rockford Fosgate - Very good amp's and Subs, not heard any components for a few years.
Soundstream - used to make very very good amps, not heard any for a while

Will champion the fact (as i went on in another thread) Installation is everything!

timmybiza

presume you were lookin at the green ibiza lol like i said the yellow one is a friend of mine they were done by paul who owns car audio inovations he won installer of the year gold prize this year and won silver the year before working for presstige car audio, he bn round for ages he knows his onions. those builds also made the money i spent on the commponents worth while builds cost bout 500 that was everything. pics aren't on that site yet but i also green covered the roof, ill try and find some pics

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
yea the pics are on the site of ur install. 3 way system trimmed in green vinyl!

£500 bit too steep for me dude

timmybiza

well that included the vinyl for the roof so just the build were less he is always worth chattin to he may come up wiv a better price lol

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i would only pay max £100 and i doubt id get it for that!!

Im doing my own fibreglass ones on saturday hopefully they will come up good we shall see!

timmybiza

good luck wiv that mate put some picys up and let me know how you get on.

timmybiza

its just doors really, got a ported 10 inch sub in the boot that sounds sweet but not mega bass, its all removable for tracking etc, amps are in the rear foot well to keep weight with in the axells. did have a box built for 2 15s ported but i couldnt do it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members