components

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
As this has been done to death an the conclusion that Rainbow are probably the better type to get i went for those but didn't receive them,see other thread! but basically wanted to know if the list Roelich posted re decent subs would be applicable to components as well or should some of the good'uns be ignored for comps, as may not be able to stretch to new rainbows soon. His list is as below.......your opinions would be appreciated,running an alpine head unit by the way!! It's all too much:headhurt:

List of brands, courtesy of moi

The Good:
ADS
Alpine
AudioControl
Becker
Blaupunkt
CDT Audio
Clarion
Crystal
Diamond
Digital Designs
Directed Audio
DLS
Genesis
Helix
Hertz
Hifonics
JL Audio
MB Quart
Nakamichi
Orion
Phase Linear
Phoenix Gold
Pioneer
Precision Power
Rainbow
Resonant Engineering
Rockford Fosgate
Sinfoni
Soundstream
SPL Dynamics
TRU
US Amps
Viper
Xtant
Zapco

The Aiiiight/Nothing Special
Audiobahn
Fusion
Infinity
JBL
JVC
Kenwood
Lightning Audio
Mac Audio
Magnat
Maystar

The Bad:
Aiwa
Berolina
Boschmann
Boss
Goodmans
Lanzar
Longmill
Megavox
Mutant
Purple Mosfet
Pyle
Shark
Sony
Vibe

The Ugly:
SPLX

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
beezertart.........

It all depends on a few factors: what music do you listen to, how are these going to be installed etc etc.

Speakers are all different, if you look on ur other post i advice you join talkaudio.co.uk. I can speak to you through there if youd like and your close by me so can help with install and you can hear my sound system. It all depends on your budget, whther you just wana plug and play or whether your actually guna spend time installing these properly.

Remember 70% install 30% equipment

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
ps ignore the list, some fusion subs and jbl amps are very well regarded it all depends on what lines of kit he was looking at the cheap or the expensive, you get what you pay for with audio

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
um true enough i spose mate! just being lazy moo! did join up to TA,can't remember my username etc at home on biometrics on laptop,saves so much hassle! will dig later.
Cheers

Mckellar

what do you listen to most often?

fast temp dance
slow r&b beats
fierce kicking bass rap

that needs to be established because different components cater for different music types

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i have genesis comps and they are defo worth the money, they need properly installin still i.e. sealing the doors and securing firmly but they sound so nice and keep up with my subs whilst still going loud!!!!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
what do you listen to most often?

fast temp dance
slow r&b beats
fierce kicking bass rap

that needs to be established because different components cater for different music types

Bit of everything really,if i like it i play it!!:D probably mainly dance stuff,old skool house,cheesy 80's,really varies....r n b.hip hop soul,basically everything!!! cd i done at weekend in no particular order,couldn't be arsed! has nickelback-rockstar to start,love that song very singalong:D hard fi,basement jaxx,phil collins,80's stuff,republica,rozalla etc
see complete mish mash,i get bored easily!!:p

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
vibe have to be in the good list, they only make speakers, and i prefer them over alpine anyday

at the end of the day no-one would ever be happy with the list lol

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
vibe have to be in the good list, they only make speakers, and i prefer them over alpine anyday

True,each to their own! Maybe should stuff it n just concentrate on lowering her but that's another dilemma...how much given the big fook off speed bumps that are everywhere near me!:confused:

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007

This really does show the knowledge on audio!! No offence chris you know way more than me abot mechanical stuff like supercharging!!

Vibe do amplifiers speakers subs etc. They are not really classed as 'good', they arent bad but ARE over priced for what they do and the figures there 'supposed' to give out vary from what they actually do put out!

Trust me beezertart, research THOROUGHLY!! Audio is something that if you are considering doing you want it right first time otherwise you spend a lot of time faffing around redoing things and upgrading all the time!!

Dont get me wrong vibe is OK it does boom when you want it to but from and sq side its a no no, you only ever realise the difference when you can compare between brands!

If you need advice you can always email me [email protected] this goes to anyone looking for audio upgrades and i will give you an honest answer. At the end of the day if you buy vibe and it does what you want it to do then good, i wont make you buy thousands of pounds worth of stuff i will just give you honest opinions on kit!!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
oh yeah and lower your god damn car lol its got to be done!!

You still stuck on the HiDs as i completely fixed mine now its an easy fix the clocks etc they work a treat now lol!!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
oh yeah and lower your god damn car lol its got to be done!!

You still stuck on the HiDs as i completely fixed mine now its an easy fix the clocks etc they work a treat now lol!!

Yep,can't look at that big arch to wheel space much longer!! How much realistically you know what it's like round here for bumps n can't really stretch to coilies,have to just be springs!

Hid's,hmm,still probs,took out the clocks every time and petrol gauge so light on!,tried switching on off,unplugging,etc. They are in the angel eyes and were working ok-ish in themselves, well offside was cutting out,came on when redid switch on however since sunday offside hid not working at all,very annoying.Saw the bit in your thread last nite re the yellow plug?? whats that actually for? Sidelights good,main beam good,dipped pants!!
Any ideas??

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
have you fitted a relay??

Re lowering: what size wheels you putting on it?? Id save up and get coilies as if you go too low you can just adjust thats why i love mine, mine is quite low and does rub now and then but im not guna raise it lol! as for speed bumps i just slow down **** people behind ya lol!!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
id say you definately need to fit a relay!! I will try to explain........

Your power for your lights is shared with your interior lights, and computer etc. Because the HiDs require more power to startup than your original halogen bulbs they take that extra power that is being used by the computer and clocks etc to start up the lights. When the lights are on for a little while they actually use less power than yor original lights therefore you get your clocks back after a second or two!!

To overcoe this problem you fit a Rely which in simple terms is simply a switch. You wire it direct to your battery and to the switched live wire from your headlight switch. As soon as your headlights are switched on they then take power direct from the battery rather than your clocks therefore meaning your clocks do not reset etc!!

Hope that helps!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
well ive actually got a kit coming which is surplus to requirements as i didnt wana wait for delivery. Once it has been delivered to me i will see if it is capable of doing the job then you can have it if ya want it only cost me a fiver of the bay!! But it mite not be the right one i will look when it comes!! If you cant wait that long halfords have a relay kit for wiring fog lamps which i believe is £17 and that comes with everything you need to wire it up!!

My list is Godly :D

Nah. It's just a guide! Don't take it as gospel, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. However, if you were to stick with the list, you wouldn't go far wrong ;)

Just while I'm in an audio thread, I've been contemplating my set up for a while, and I'm going for an RE XXX 12 and some Rainbow components :D

Last edited:

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
nice st up roelich re xxx is amazing loudness just make sure you build a proper sub bix etc and install properly!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.