Clonking Suspension

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Got it from JBS, £406 in last group buy that Mike did, saved about £100 quid which was nice, fitted with help of a mate with a ramp!!! :D

Last edited:

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Sorted now mate, a couple of bots had vibrated loose from the subframe!!!! JBS sorted it 4me when i picked my zorst up! Bunch of top blokes!! Saw urs just before Mike went to meet u with it! Hows the LSD??

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
llllluuuuvvvvllllyyyyy! gives a nice whistle noise MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!!! :drool: sounds awesome havent had the chance to test it yet as im bedding in the STAGE2 clutch ;) but cant wait to have a play :D

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Ive given mine a few hundred miles to bed in, got bored on way back from JBS tonight tho and gave it some stick, driving slowly is sooo boring!! :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i drove at 65mph all the way home no point on the motorway imo as there is so many undercover :cop: ect not worth it! country roads is where the fun begins

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
It might do, but the noise is probably drowned out by the rattles from the door trim...

Does anyone else find that various rattles go away during the warmer summer months, then come back when it starts to cool down again like it is now ?

i put up a thread a wee while ago about a noise from passenger seat belt area, however mine doesnt go away when i buckle it up, weird thing iv noticed tho is on warmer days it seems to be worse, for example on the way to work @ 7.45am no noise, on the way home at 5pm after sitting in the sun its rattling at every bump and every 'jerky' movement on the car. i thought i was going mad with my hot weather theory!!!! anyway i still dnt know whats causing the noise but im just learning to live with it until it goes away or something breaks!

kris_tdi

Mar 26, 2007
i stopped my knocking yesterday, the antiroll bar mounts were shot and the bar was hitting the subframe, changed it for a VRS one, new mounts and new drop links.

Results = no knocking & much improved handling, feels a lot tighter. the old one cant have been doing anything.

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
My nearside front suspension has started clonking every time I go over a bump . The bushes were replaced last year but I went over a pothole a few months ago and think it could have damaged something but in a recent service they found nothing wrong.
Big question-is it safe to drive the car until I can get to a garage ?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My nearside front suspension has started clonking every time I go over a bump . The bushes were replaced last year but I went over a pothole a few months ago and think it could have damaged something but in a recent service they found nothing wrong.
Big question-is it safe to drive the car until I can get to a garage ?

"droplinks"? as mentioned in the previous posting, could be the answer.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
i kept having a rattle in my boot area had a look and it was the boot light which had popped out of its seat so every no and again i have to push it back home and the problem goes away.
does anybody else get this problem.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a boot light in mine, altho my old Cupra had one :( I do get rattling coming from the tool box in the spare wheel quite alot.

I wasn't lucky enough to get a boot light in mine, altho my old Cupra had one :( I do get rattling coming from the tool box in the spare wheel quite alot.

them sort of rattles really annoy me. would have to sort that out its the mettalic sounding rattles that bug me and things that are lose like my boot light.
can you not put somthing in the tool box to stop it? or does it not bother you enough.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
them sort of rattles really annoy me. would have to sort that out its the mettalic sounding rattles that bug me and things that are lose like my boot light.
can you not put somthing in the tool box to stop it? or does it not bother you enough.

It doesn't bother me that much, I could probably put some foam or something in there to stop it. Only really hear it when going over bumps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.