Clio 182 vs Tdi Thread...

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
they talking about the golf tdi 150 remapped which imno would be killed by the clio 1.4mile and round the twisties

a remapped ibiza cupra tdi will be about as fast as a clio cup 182 imho 1/4mile and round the twisties

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Can someone pull up this guy who reckons his Clio when floored will do 34MPG.

agree, even if a derv was faster it doesnt make it fun to drive or rewarding, the initial price ofset by increased fuel costs makes diesel almost pointless unless you do high miles if you have a performance diesel and use it you will get same-less economy than a petrol. my bro FabiaVRS jabba remap 185`ish bhp does 27mpg when floored, my cup 170`ish bhp does 34mpg when floored

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
I reckon remapped derv vs standard 172/182, the derv will have it,

but an exhaust/filter/chip on the clio and they can run 14secs dead 1/4 mile

still french shite tho!!!

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
The derv will pass them when the French car falls apart, end of story...

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
redcupratdi said:
they talking about the golf tdi 150 remapped which imno would be killed by the clio 1.4mile and round the twisties

a remapped ibiza cupra tdi will be about as fast as a clio cup 182 imho 1/4mile and round the twisties

not so sure, there is a remapped PD150 by jabba on ukmkivs with a 1/4 equal to yours.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Most of the clio doesn't even have the power which is on the paper.I have seen 172hp with about 166hp....

Yesterday i had a play with a 206 RC (180hp)...we were an even match and at topspeed i gained a little on him:funk: .We were driving next to each other so no slipstream.

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Just reading the threads and it is clear some of those guys do not know what they are talking about. Same old story - performance is not the only issue - the driver has also a part to play.

Take any high performance car - put a racing driver in it and give me the same car - I am absolutely certain I would get trounced.

Rant over.

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Ibiza Evo 2 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a good friend of mine in the Golf....and also my tuner[B)]

You can ask him what gear he launched in coz it went off like a rocket.....:-o
Guessing it had more than just a upgrade clutch to do that! :whistle:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
did they even do a 4motion tdi in the mk4? i know they do in mk5

certainly is a quick launch, absolutly left the clio for dead! a proper experienced driver for sure

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
slick said:
You can ask him what gear he launched in coz it went off like a rocket.....:-o
Guessing it had more than just a upgrade clutch to do that! :whistle:

1st gear;)

It's a full option tdi150 with 4-motion.

Mods are:
-hybrid turbo
-full custom exhaust 3 inch
-sachs sinter clutch and pressure plate
-bahnbrenner shortshift
-BMC CDA airbox
-H&R fully adjustable coilovers
-MOV-IT brake kit
-18" sportec wheels
-lightweight recaro cup seats
-and the rest i forgot about.

He launches his car with the handbrake on...let the clutch pedal come a bit and when the light hits green...let go everything and full throttle[B)]

Btw,it had 213hp and 273Nm

Triple D

I went up against a clio 182 a couple of weeks ago, and from about 20 all the way to about 95 i had to half throttle it as i was getting to close to him :lol:, then i over took him and covered him in soot :) bet he was quite suprised :roflmao: ;)

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
not keen on what the french **** car people say!
all i no is my tdi 197bhp is amazing to drive & handle & pushed i see 38 to gallon, driven right see over 50 mpg & i,m sure it would kick some arse. it did with a 1.9t audi A3.:)

BHP figures today are nothing, its all about torque, as its the torque that will get you there.
i should no, i used to own a 300bhp FOCUS RS & that had 306lb/ft torque, but after having the cupra tdi remapped its just like driving the RS again but with out the handeling.

seen many a thread like this over the years, & had many a car, ( too many too list ), but overhaul, it not about whoms faster than who etc: its all about if you love the car you bought, because you bought it for its looks, mpg etc, or like the french car, bits falling off.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.