• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Carplay by default in dark mode

Sep 7, 2024
So I have a Formentor 2024, apple carplay connected wireless. Problem is every time I start the car, the carplay starts in dark mode, even if outside is day and very bright. Lights are in auto mode. Sensor in windshield working fine in rest. The only solution for now is every time to switch lights from auto to manual, than to auto again and carplay goes into “day” mode. Any suggestions ?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
What’s your phone set to?
IMG_2508.jpeg

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
What does the day/night settings say on CarPlay on the infotainment system?

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
Make sure both the phone and the car are up to date, change the phone from auto to light mode and see if that makes the car keep the setting, will allow you to narrow it down to the car being the issue or the phone.

Sep 7, 2024
Make sure both the phone and the car are up to date, change the phone from auto to light mode and see if that makes the car keep the setting, will allow you to narrow it down to the car being the issue or the phone.
The phone has the latest iOS, and the car I guess it's so new that it doesn't currently have an update available (maybe someone can tell me what is the latest software for the new Formentor multimedia MIB4). I suspect the car is at fault, because it always shows the Carplay in "night mode", and if I switch the lights from auto -> to manual -> then to auto again, it somehow corrects itself and carplay goes into the correct day mode (meanwhile I don't touch the phone at all). Any ideas ? I don't know if I would take the car back to the dealer just for this, but it is pretty annoying to do this operation each time I start the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.