car goes into limp mode and getting error "Poor Fuel Quality"

Apr 22, 2020
Hi I bought ibiza 1.2tsi two month ago and a week ago I got this problem with the car
Acceleration.. its sluggish and engine misfiring... it dosnt drive past 50mph..
I scanned it at the shop and it shows Poor Fuel Quality..
the mechanic told me to drain the fuel but i was sure it wasnt the fuel fault and its probably something else..
so he deleted the Error and the problem solved.. I kept driving and when i got to 120mph the car went into limp mode again..
so I waited till the fuel tank was empty and i refueled it fully.. and the problem is still there..
I used all fuel and refilled again but the problem still showing Poor Fuel Quality..
one time i Even go EPC + ESP + TPS and check engine blinking togther.
the car in rare cases drive normaly out of no where for like 5 minute.. and go back to limp mode.
Have u heard of this problem? im going to the shop again the mechanic say it might be the engine.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If the car hasn't had a service recently or it's overdue, suggest it gets one, where it should get a new fuel filter anyway. Else where possible you can either, fill the car up with Shell / Esso finest most expensive 97/99 RON petrol (or whatever is available in your country). These high grade petrol should also have very high clearning properties and or change the fuel filter as well, prefierably prior to the good fuel. Did you run the tank quite low (red light) and it might have picked up quite a lot of gunk from the bottom of the tank?