Car Diagnostic Tool Auto Scanner

Fitzy7375

Oct 22, 2006
Burnley
Hi,
Just a quickie, I've bought a Car Diagnostic Tool Auto Scanner ( 16 pin ) for my 2003 LCR. It reads VW/AUDI/SEAT. The question is where do you plug it into the car ?
I've just been sat in the car for 20 mins checking every nook and cranny :confused:
I don't have a manual for the LCR because it wasn't with the car when I bought it. Where can I get a manual for it ? Are they only available from the dealers ?
Your help will be appreciated :happy:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
centre console in front of the gear stick - theres a small flap at the back that levers out iirc

ill try find a pic :edit:

seat_leon_1m.jpg

later shape is on the outside behind a trim under the light switch i think

Last edited:

Fitzy7375

Oct 22, 2006
Burnley
Was this off eBay by any chance ?

If it'll clear airbag fault lights I'm very interested in one of these.

It checks and clears, ENGINE, A/T, SRS AND ABS.
It's called VW AUDI SEAT SKODA DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER ALL MODELS and the ebay shop is called AUTO TEC, £34.99 with free postage. If you do a shop search on ebay then you should find it.

wasco

It checks and clears, ENGINE, A/T, SRS AND ABS.
It's called VW AUDI SEAT SKODA DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER ALL MODELS and the ebay shop is called AUTO TEC, £34.99 with free postage. If you do a shop search on ebay then you should find it.

hi mate ie just don a search on ebay but cant find this shop (auto tec) could you please guide also if you have if you have the product code number etc will be great. i have 2001 leon cupra t 180bhp will work on this model.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Was this off eBay by any chance ?

If it'll clear airbag fault lights I'm very interested in one of these.

Have you tried Vag com for the air bags - it can be done even with a cheapo cable because I have done mine a few times.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Using vag.com , how do you reset the air bag light? :confused:

If I remember correctly, I went to module 15 (Airbags), totally ignored the safety warning and scanned it just like you do the engine for faults, then cleared the codes - again just like when you do the engine.

It took a few attempts, but it did work eventually. I've done it a few times because I had to remove one of the fuses for the dash and that made the airbag light come on.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
If I remember correctly, I went to module 15 (Airbags), totally ignored the safety warning and scanned it just like you do the engine for faults, then cleared the codes - again just like when you do the engine.

It took a few attempts, but it did work eventually. I've done it a few times because I had to remove one of the fuses for the dash and that made the airbag light come on.

Thats exactly what I done on my Ibiza, worked a treat.

If your interested in car diagnostics, pick up a cheap laptop and cable on eBay then get VAG-COM - it is very handy and can be interesting for about an hour the first time you use it :)