Bulb upgrade on mk2 FR

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
Righto, here's my news on bulbs. I had one trip out at night then decided that dipped and main beam were pants. I went to http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
and decided to buy Philips H7 X-treme power +80% and H1 Vision plus +50%. There is marked improvement, especially with the new H7's (dipped). The H1's are also much better, not quite as profound as the H7's though but worth the money / bother of changing. Also got some sidelight bulbs as a free gift which were blue in colour. Wasn't sure about these, so fitted them anyway...they look great!:D Silvery kind of light, but blueish in colour when you see it on a wall or white garage door.

Bottom line, worth £45.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I have them too, they are better than the originals. However they look so yellow against my LED sidebulbs!

2008_0623April0189.jpg

Maximus2000uk

I have a full set of Osram Nightbreakers...much much much brighter than the standard ones.

Mine came from powerbulbs.com

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
I have a full set of Osram Nightbreakers...much much much brighter than the standard ones.

Mine came from powerbulbs.com

Are you pleased with them? Also, do they give a noticeably different colour output? I've never tried dabbling with bulb upgrades before but would be keen to improve my night time visibility.

Maximus2000uk

They are noticeably brighter and do not emit a yellow coloured light, but a bright white beam. I have the full set which I think is important when changing bulbs. They make driving at night-time a pleasure.

I'm quite sure they are not as bright as an HID kit or xenons, but for what I want and need, they are perfect.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.