Brakes upgrade in CUPRA Leon 2.0 TSI 190cv

Oct 1, 2024
Morning everyone, new to the forum here.
As I was searching through te Forum I've noticed that no one has ever done an upgrade to the barake System. I currenlty own a Cupra Leon 2.0 TSI 190cv and was wondering if anyone has evere done a brakes upgrade to this model (either brakes caliper or just brake discs and pads) to enhance breaking performances. Does anyone know if it's possible to equip the car with the brake system forom Leon 2.0 TSI 245cv model ?

I have come to know thet the stock sysem has brake discs oh 306 mm in diameter and i'm struggling to find performing discs of this measurements.

Thanks in advance to who might be of help

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Please note that if you make a hardware change to the brake, which means replacing the caliper and larger brake discs, the coding in the ABS control unit must/should be adjusted.

Oct 1, 2024
Please note that if you make a hardware change to the brake, which means replacing the caliper and larger brake discs, the coding in the ABS control unit must/should be adjusted.
Thanks for the tip, didn't think/know about it. Anyway I'll for sure get the job done by professionals who works especially with VW/SEAT/CUPRA models.

Thanks !

ozu

Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I changed the stock brakes to Brembo braking from the 370mm Performance kit. It was replacing calipers, pads and discs. After that the brakes were bled and working perfectly.

20240601_132750.jpg

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Hi cairus,

I've seen posts that mention this and wondering is that is also part of my problem with my Cupra (2024 Cupra Leon V KL2).

I changed from the 325/272 Rotor setup to the PP 340/310 versions. I have some other issues, but curious about the ABS coding.

As this something that needs to be done to make sure the brake balance is correct ? I've seen comments elsewhere that say you must do this and many others that say it's not required or don't even mention it ????

As it is not just the fronts that I replaced, but front & rear (rotors, calipers and pads).

IF the coding MUST be changed, is this something that can only be done with the OBDeleven PRO version as it is long coding ?

And as I'm new to this aspect of car modification, any link to step by step instructions (I'll google as well, but any confirmed decent advice will be appreciated)

Thanks in advance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise