Brake , Steering . ABS warning lights

Nov 13, 2023
The ABS warning light has been lit intermittently for 12 months. Two days ago . The brake warning light lit on the dash , accompanied by 3 beeps. I checked the brake fluid level , all the pipes and callipers, and brake pads and all looked good . Later that day I realised my brake lights were not working, except the middle light above the boot. I drove home when suddenly the steering wheel warning light came on and the steering went heavy .

I pulled over , called a friend , swapped out the battery and the PAS was fine , but the brake warning lights came on and the yellow steering wheel light was on . I got home and thought the battery or alternator was the problem, but I checked the alternator with a multimeter and is pumping out 14.2 volts. The battery read 12.8 volts . I took the battery to Halfords and they tested it and it came back as good .

I am at a bit of a loss of where to start troubleshooting. Losing the brake lights , the brake warning light being triggered with 3 beeps , then temporarily losing the power steering and the associated warning lights , in addition to the ABS warning lights .

Had anyone else experienced similar issues ?

Thank you for your help