Boost Gauge Readings

bigd

Dec 29, 2005
Anywhere
I've just fitted a boost gauge and reading other threads about the gauge readings, mime seem a bit high. Idling the gauge reads -20, which seems to be the norm. Full throtle it goes as high as +22, and then evens off about +16. Now as far as I'm aware there has been no remapping of the ECU (well I certainly haven't had it done). Do these readings seem right for an unmodified LC?

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
you bought the car 2nd hand?

from a dealer or private?

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
bigd said:
I've just fitted a boost gauge and reading other threads about the gauge readings, mime seem a bit high. Idling the gauge reads -20, which seems to be the norm. Full throtle it goes as high as +22, and then evens off about +16. Now as far as I'm aware there has been no remapping of the ECU (well I certainly haven't had it done). Do these readings seem right for an unmodified LC?
The exact same readings that i get on my LCR.mine is supposed to be standard i bought it from a main dealer and it had a lady owner before me.so not sure if it's mapped or not

Last edited:

bigd

Dec 29, 2005
Anywhere
I suppose a rolling road season would tell if it performing more than the standard 180BHP that it should be.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
yep, sounds mapped. my lc is and has the same boost readings. as i remember boost stock was 10 psi max.

if youve a boost gauge that wasnt standard either.:D

bigd

Dec 29, 2005
Anywhere
Will try and book it in on Tuesday for RR session.

Question; would a faulty DV affect the gauge readings?

bigd

Dec 29, 2005
Anywhere
Replaced the DV back to stock, and now getting lower readings peaking at between 12 and 16. Still want to get it on a RR though.

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
bigd said:
Replaced the DV back to stock, and now getting lower readings peaking at between 12 and 16. Still want to get it on a RR though.

could be that the stock one faulty as these readings are still high.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.