Been Revo'd!!!!

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Hi everyone ..

Been down to TSL Motorsport yesterday to have my mk3 cupra revo'd :D , Cant believe what a difference it has made! Anyone in the midlands area wanting it done id go there, sam and co are really helpful and provide good service, been driving it all day and night ..

Does anyone know what bhp ill be producing with my mods??? Got milltek cat back .. dynatwist .. forge 007p ..

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Thanks chris, i know the guy had the boost quite low compared to the timing as i wanted it as smooth as possible .. running 17psi if i remember correctly, it isnt now as aggresive as the trial software felt ..

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
yeah .. but the boost does last till 5000rpm whereas the trial seemed to fade off at 4-4500rpm .. just feels better, also had it mapped to 98 ron optimax whether that will makes much difference?

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
hey gaz i mentioned ur name to sam as i remember once u recommended them to people off here so he'll mention it to you whenever you go back there ..

gazjones

ah cool wait till you got for stage two its so much better than stage 1 and i bet you think thast is hard to belive right now lol ill prob be going back there soon lol he has asked me to let him know how my cars does at pod so ill prob ring him and let him know as he was impressed how much it pulled when he took it out after mapping it!

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
yeah he said the wheels were spinning like crazy, yours is the fastest hes driven he said (ibiza) ..

gazjones

:wtf: he told me he did a few pulls in 4th :blink: :lol: and that was with boost 6 timing 7 its now at boost 9 lol yea he told me it was the best stage two but though he was just saying that lol

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
acidstrato do you think 17psi is too low then? do i lose alot of power figure wise because its set to that ..

Last edited:

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
gazjones said:
:wtf: he told me he did a few pulls in 4th :blink: :lol: and that was with boost 6 timing 7 its now at boost 9 lol yea he told me it was the best stage two but though he was just saying that lol

Probably, i might go for stage 2 in the future as im quite happy with the way it is now, looking to get a flat soon so the modding bug stops here for a while ..

gazjones

yea i said that before i got stage two lol take alot to hold yourself back from doing more things!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
abit yeah, but it depends on settings really

majority see 20/21psi max then tails off to around 14psi
not saying theres anything wrong...but you never know...might be a small boost leak somewhere...might not.

as for power, wouldnt play too much into it...from what iv seen in the past, no revo'd ibiza hits 200bhp without a front mounted intercooler. some people have but no-one can really know for sure

put it this way...the last RR i went on i only got 160bhp before i blew a pipe off, but on the road I pulled away from a fella who got 30bhp more than me on the rollers

Last edited:

gazjones

on standard boost when i had stage one and nothing else it was only going up to about 19psi, then holding about 13 14 but with stage two and boost on 9 its now touching about 22peak and holding pretty high before tailing off after 5k!

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
ok, but can it be set to 17psi cause i think thats what tsl said they set it to cause i wanted as smooth a map as possible, or no matter what boost and timming is set it still should be 20-21psi?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
no i dont think it can be just set to 17psi.. the maps are the same its just they can set how aggressive the boost is.
if its down to what boost setting they set then it must be pretty low. think mines on 5 or 6HB

all you can do is just keep an eye on the engine and th boost gauge. if you have or know anyone with full vagcom you can check
dont want to worry you with the thought of a leak though. its just a possibility

but if the level of boost is due to what boost setting your on, then id say theres still abit fun left for you to try out ;)

alot of grin factor

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
kool, i know he has set the boost low as i didnt want 2much aggression, so what is the boost and timming set to on average to get max power? ill ask him what he's put me on to be on the safe side ..

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
most people use vagcom and start from the top down...so stick it on boost 8/9 timing 8 and then check with vagcom to see if the car pulls back, if it does then you knock it down a notch and check again

but for those setting you need sufficient cooling!

most people start off on 6 & 6 i think as thats recomended 98ron i think