Autogauge Oil Sender

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
I been on here for 30 mins and now have ordered nomad pillar pod and 2 auto gauges, boost and oil temp. Thanks for all the information i have managed to get from previous threads.

One thing i did not find out is if there is anything else i need to get for my oil temp to work.

I'm going to do what everyone has done and put my sender in the oil housing where the spare bolt is. The gauge comes with an oil sender but do i need a special bolt to put this in? M10 x 1.0 is what i have found accross from here Link

Where can i get one of these?

Here is the gauge for referance.
b8be_1.JPG

Thanks All

Nick

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
sender went into the oil housing yes its a small allen key bolt which is a blanking plate unscrew and thats it, also no adaptor needed mine fit straight in no probs buy yourself some small washers though or use old one as some people have had probs not being able to screw it all the way in

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
you have VAGCOM dont you Nick?? (VAJCOM to you)
I wish there was a thing as VajCom. Stick a cable in and it tells you whats wrong with them. Normaly when there stoppy tho erm.. well could be messy.

Is that lower than pat would go? i hope not :roflmao:

Nope. Got the software just not the cable, and its still on. I think i need to drill out the spacers like i read about :)

defi gauges fitted :)

1713483038_89059770f7_o_d.jpg

You got any pics of how you fitted the sender? I ent even look at it yet but if you got any pic n advice :) always helpfull :D

Last edited:

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
my sender goes into an oil sandwich plate. reason being, i can add a pressure sender later.

pretty sure the oil sender would have fitted straight into the oil filter housing though.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yup it will go in, the allen key bolt is recessed back out of sight and if you do use it - do NOT put threadlock on the thread of the sender as it uses the metal of the filter housing as an earth :)

I ended up using a sump plug sender, main reason is when i do oil changes i have a tendency to drop the sump bolt into the oil tray - now i have a way to fish it out :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.