Ateca 2022 Infotainment questions?

Aug 28, 2024
Hi,
Just purchased a 2022 used Ateca. Great car, but confused on the infotainment unit.
I've watched a number of videos online and am confused with the differences I see between my unit and the videos I've watched
I will try to use the most accurate terminology.
1: The Ateca unit does not have the swipe hot and cold touch button at the bottom of the display. Is the Ateca Infotainment unit a completely different beast?
2. If it's not a different beast and the aoftware side of it is supposedly the same, (version for version) i see a number of differences as below:
I don't have and can't see where I add the tab for the drive modes (cupra, sport, etc) I can adjust on the knob in the center console.
I don't see all the options under vehicle, I literally have two off road and something else.
I don't see a user option to add a user, let alone to set user as primary?
I am wondering am I running either in a guest mode or something or is it something else.
I believe I have software version 0841.

Apologies if it's a dumb question. Just a little confused. Love the car.

You're comparing MQB to MQBevo

MQBevo (in terms of Seat) is only the Leon KL & the Cupra Formentor
MQB (in terms of recent models from Seat) is the Tarraco, Arona, Ibiza, Ateca

MQB vehicles don't have drive mode selection on the infotainment unit itself (until the button is pressed/the dial is turned)
MQBevo vehicles do have drive mode selection on the infotainment unit itself.

MQB vehicles do not have the climate controls attached to the bottom of the display
MQBevo vehicles do have the climate controls attached to the bottom of the display

MOI3 is a separate display and control unit
MEN3 is the basic unit which has a smaller display and a control unit bunded behind it.

0841 is MOI3 software for MQB. 0870 is the latest.
MOI3 on MQBevo is different hardware and software to MOI3 on MQB.

Aug 28, 2024
Thanks so much for the answers. Clarified it all perfectly. Is there much difference from 841 to 870 or is it purely resolving bugs and issues?

Reactions: Tell

alias76

May 27, 2022
Ciao, spero di non aver commesso errori nel post, mi inserisco per dirti che ho visto una ATECA con un menu prestazioni e tuttavia è una semplice Ateca Black Edition.
Seat decide chi attiva questo menu?

Tell

Staff member
May be if it's a Cupra you get it or a particular Cupra model. In Mib2 the performance monitor was reserved for higher spec model but people wanted it so got it unlocked as DIY projects and with retrofitters. Mib3 is more heavily locked down so I'm not aware yet that anybody has cracked doing things with it in an unregulated way, but I might have missed some announcement. Suspect it's on specific models VZ something or other.

May be if it's a Cupra you get it or a particular Cupra model. In Mib2 the performance monitor was reserved for higher spec model but people wanted it so got it unlocked as DIY projects and with retrofitters. Mib3 is more heavily locked down so I'm not aware yet that anybody has cracked doing things with it in an unregulated way, but I might have missed some announcement. Suspect it's on specific models VZ something or other.
MIB3 has been cracked for a couple of years :)

A couple of the solutions are now in circulation but there’s some clever people that knew the software inside and out before MIB3 even made it into a production vehicle 🤯

Tell

Staff member
MIB3 has been cracked for a couple of years :)

A couple of the solutions are now in circulation but there’s some clever people that knew the software inside and out before MIB3 even made it into a production vehicle 🤯
That answers that then. Question is whether it's DIY or a skilled retrofitters job on a bench ?. Latter early years of mib2. I can't see there are toolkits and modified software that anyone can use since they shut off the import option via the POI import exploit. Going to be hammering away on a bench with software plugged in via an ethernet / USB cable. That I don't reckon is standard DIY.

That answers that then. Question is whether it's DIY or a skilled retrofitters job on a bench ?. Latter early years of mib2. I can't see there are toolkits and modified software that anyone can use since they shut off the import option via the POI import exploit. Going to be hammering away on a bench with software plugged in via an ethernet / USB cable. That I don't reckon is standard DIY.

It's not DIY :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise