• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Apple CarPlay issues

Sep 1, 2024
I have just purchased a formentor, I am having issues with the wireless appleplay connection, my connection drops out every minute for a few seconds then reconnects again and then drops out again, has an else had this problem or has any advice on how to sort it.
thanks Neil

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
So the current one. Have you tried forcing the radio in the car to restart? Otherwise load the factory settings, delete the pairing on your phone and then reconnect everything.

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
have you reset network settings on the iPhone and removed and re added the car from the CarPlay settings? chances are it could be the phone

Sep 7, 2024
have you noticed a pattern of the connection dropping down - maybe in some areas or is it all the time, no matter where you are ?

Sep 1, 2024
Happens all the time, I spoke to my local CUPRA dealer and the said it’s a problem with the software forCarplay for which they are currently writing a new programme for( for which I have my doubts and think they are just trying to fob me off)

Mine was take already

Aug 13, 2024
UK
What model of phone are you using and are you running Google maps?

Older Iphones (usually below iPhone 12) don't work well with carplay and there are lots of reports of Google maps plus carplay plus certain iPhone models causing issues. In my Mazda Google maps wouldn't operate from the infotainment, I had to manually start on the phone. There's 3 variables here, VAG, Apple and app developers.

Reactions: KJA
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members