anyone with a Tomtom in a mk4?

Aimez

don't think he was a poor pikey the number of sat navs he stole all from mercedes, must have made a mint. He did all the car parks round gatwick and there are about 14! I didn't see the guy who did it but I found one of the cars and had to give a statement, wish I'd caught him!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have my tomtom in the bottom right corner of the screen and it seems perfect

I have hard wired the car charger to an ignition switched 12v and hidden all the wiring away so all you can see is 3" of wire near the suction cup, that way my socket is free for charging the ipod/phone or PDA

come to think of it that must be the sorce of all the rattles in the car, all those bloody chargers knocking about in the glove box

they should rename it charger box
:D

Mike90

I have the tomtom one xl gb. After many journeys i would agree that its best on the bottom right corner of the windscreen, as its close to hand (not that i touch it whilst driving) and you barely need to move your eyes from the road to see it.

I run the cable behind the arch that covers the dials, then around a mobile phone holder, down to the socket. I don't really find it in the way. I aslo bought a four way cigerete socket adapter so that I can charge my phone at the same time

Mike90

Got it from argos for £10

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...quipment>C$cip=1500006373.Car+accessories.htm

And the tomtom needs to be plugged into the socket with the the ring of light around it for some reason. Also it is fused at 10 amps so you won't blow your car fuse from overloading as the car fuses the socket at 15 amps.

Note: Don't plug the cigerete lighter into it, it says you can but I blow the 10 amp fuse on it and ended up having to order some knew fuses off ebay (10 x 10 amp mini fuses for £2 inc P&P).

Mike90

I'm a non smoker, plugged in just to store it but accidently switched it on, and bang went the fuse. It must draw between 10 and 15 amps cos the fuse in the car for it was fine

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.