Any opinions on dunlop sport 9000's?

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Originally posted by Jonah
Didn't someone like Autocar do a tyre test a few months ago with the "9000" rated almost last?

Tends to come around about in the middle on most tests which is fine by me given the price. Their only real flaw is tyre wear..

Was going to go for f1s but frankly, it's 600quid plus for 5 of those, and 375 for these! :D

Last edited:

Jonah

Ditching Rice since 2007
Sep 16, 2002
Nor-fampton
Visit site
Originally posted by dangel
Tends to come around about in the middle on most tests which is fine by me given the price. Their only real flaw is tyre wear..

Was going to go for f1s but frankly, it's 600quid plus for 5 of those, and 375 for these! :D

There are a couple of places down here that do F1 GSD3 for £85 per tyre - £450 for 5 - certainly worth £75 I think

Jonah

Ditching Rice since 2007
Sep 16, 2002
Nor-fampton
Visit site
yes for 17's - you might want to give Bedford Tyres a call though just in case - they may even have some GSD2 for a cheaper price. Can't find the number - Rob (rhumber) will know it though - PM him.

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Originally posted by Jonah
yes for 17's - you might want to give Bedford Tyres a call though just in case - they may even have some GSD2 for a cheaper price. Can't find the number - Rob (rhumber) will know it though - PM him.

Ah! That explains it then :) f1s run into some serious dosh for 18"s (supply and demand one supposes) hence the dunlops being a bit of a steal coming it at 17" like prices for 18"s.

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
Originally posted by prc
Ed, check the tirerack reviews on the tyres. I'd also check the test result section as they might have a comparison test done on them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+Sport

They look at face value a decent value tyre (price depending), but most of the commenst are from the USA. I'm not sure they have to put up with the same type of roads as us, so comments read with a pinch of salt. Also it's difficult to guage the opinion when you don't know what other tyres they have run.

Last edited:

prc

Sooty Meister
True, if you take into account the normally lower speeds & heavier cars, things do change quite a bit.

I could never pickup any of the Jap tyres as they are way to expensive here. The likes of toyo,bridgestone... are alway 25% more than a similar Euro tyre.

nfot

The Greek connection !
Nov 18, 2001
Greece
Visit site
I have the SP9000 on for the last 10k miles.
Don't use them in track days as I have several OE P6000 for this reason!!!
I have them in 225/50/16 and used to have RE720 (205/55/16) before them. They way I look at them, I believe they will last longer than the Bridgestones, which lasted 20k miles, without APR, but I have also become a slower (more mature?) driver (despite more HP). I am quite pleased with them and did also get them in a very cheap price compared to GY, TOYO, Pirelli, Michelin equivalents (150-200 euros less).

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Too early for me to tell yet (the tyres need to harden before they're acting correctly) but the ride is surprisingly compliant and the wet weather has revealed some very impressive ability in the water department. Certainly far better than my last set.
Will do a full report once i've got 200miles on em.

Deeks

It's an ok tyre. A bit pricey for what it is though....... get Eagle F1's.
They feel so good on the LCR......

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members