AM04 Turbo

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Anyone gone AM04 yet? Just trying to find out exactly what I need to fit / run the conversion. What the car currently has is listed in my sig. below, presume I need the turbo, manifold, injectors... anything else?

Addo

t18con said:
dont do it! not reliable

Hows that?

We've beening running it hard for just over 20,000 miles now with various track days etc......

not an ounce of trouble are you thinking of the E05's out of the 3 i no of 2 blow up.

NOT THE AM04!

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
how much do the AO4's go for? and what kinda benefits do they offer over the KO3s? (C'mon sell it to me..) lol

Addo

helms said:
how much do the AO4's go for? and what kinda benefits do they offer over the KO3s? (C'mon sell it to me..) lol

We are currently developing the AM04 with some new modifications. Mike has the modified version on his ibiza now, but we need to get a tweak with the map @ Jabba's to adjust peramiters.

The AM04's are ready but the kit will come with our new big port manifold and will fit onto you standard exhaust system, An intercooler is essential and 3" downpipe highly recommended.

Shock_Xe

David_smith_909 said:
Can you supply the DP? at what cost?

we use Blueflame and they give good discount give them a ring and say we refferd u

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Whats the best way to find out what DP size you have? Mine looks to be 3" but I think it's a 2.75" system as my car was the Ibiza they used to make the system with. Is it worth the extra cost going 3" from 2.75"?

Last edited:

Shock_Xe

Craig! said:
Whats the best way to find out what DP size you have? Mine looks to be 3" but I think it's a 2.75" system as my car was the Ibiza they used to make the system with. Is it worth the extra cost going 3" from 2.75"?

tbh u prolly wont notice too much difference

Shock_Xe

Craig! said:
Aye E05 was a bit un-reliable, I know Gav (Zippy's) went pop... Can't remember if it was Gary or Jool's old turbo.

it was jool's turbo cause we supplied gary with K03s early on in the E05's life then supplied Gav with K03s not long after he bought it off jools

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
since when was reliability an issue for modifying ?

all about pushing the limits :)

sorry - stripping a motor as we speak that managed 3 miles - but didnt half go at the time

Shock_Xe

helms said:

basically the AM04 boasts benefits in an upgrade the same as a K03s compared to k03, but the benefits are from k03s-am04 so basically double the benefit if u go k03-am04 and then some

the compressor housing is larger than K03s, Larger Exhaust wheel, larger compressor, larger inlet, Ported/flown exhaust housing etc etc, If you only have a K03 fitted the benefits are even higher as its the same jump above again as the K03s boasts these benefits over a K03 but not as larger scale

But u get to keep stock fitting/appearence

Shock_Xe

As Adam said the Turbo has been fitted and running now for 18mths and 20k+ has seen fast driving and high boost 25-27psi peak at times and still going storng. When I put the New Manni/Flown/Ported housing down we stripped the turbo down and had it proffessionally inspected, the report was very positive with no defects to found

Shock_Xe

K03s (Left) vs AM04 (right) the diff between K03 and AM04 are 2x bigger than this picture
Amam042.jpg

Dyno on stage 1 turbo and stock mannifold running large core (above) and 25psi peak, 23psi hold (Jabbas NEW Rollers)

33d0f63e.jpg

Hoping Large Bore Manni and flown/Ported Housing will deliver better results
Note dyno shows 2x Hot Runs and 2x Cool Runs

Its nice to have 240bhp at 7200rpm :) at 6800rpm it shows 245-250bhp
Torque comes in fairly early but is laggier than K03 but for the little bit extra lag (500rpm) you get alot more top end, strill lights wheels up in first two gears and 3rd in wet :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.