Alternative to Loba270,

Sparkly

Mean and Green
Sep 18, 2013
Thanks for the advice mate, I am going to be following your latest revisions with interest. Hope the ECU stuff is sorted soon.

I never managed to find a build thread for your car, I presume you have uprated engine mounts etc with all this extra power and DSG software upgrades.

Also what work have you done to the chassis and braking.

Do you have a link at all for the car thread?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
My car will be in the garage for the valve springs change this week.
Fingers crossed everything goes well, I'll be back with a dyno, hopefully 300bhp+.

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
We changed the springs, misfires are gone, but while they were tuning it, the turbo started making a whistle sound (throws a N249 error on vcds). Moreover it's got shaft play and it's blowing blueish smoke at times.
The turbine expert will look into it on Monday.
I'll know more about the damage then.
Damn my luck!

Last edited:

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Back with good news after a long time! :funk:
Car is now tuned and I love it.
I did change my tuner though and went with e-tuners.

The reason is that after overload's numerous attempts and crazy money on gas, my car was still suffering from misfires. Lots of fuel trims, flooded cylinders, bad gas mileage and I even had misfires in 2nd gear. They kept telling me that my car had some kind of problem (broken downpipe, blown lambda sensor etc.) and it couldn't be their tune. So they suggested to leave the car with them one more time so the mechanic would try to figure out what's wrong.

Because the car worked without any issues with the stock tune, I decided to try another tuner, specifically e-tuners so that if my car really had a problem it would show with their tune. Well, guess what, the car worked just fine from the very first pull. 0 cf, 13 degrees timing. Same boost numbers: 1.65 spike, 1.5-1.6 hold, 1.38 redline and with 50°C intake temp as it was very hot today, it dyno'd 270bhp with very fat curves on dyno dynamics rollers, which is considered very strict with the numbers. So I owe you a maha dyno so that we can see before/after gains (revo).

In the mean time the whole thing got delayed as I had to replace both the mechatronic and the clutches cause my DSG went bang. That's why I didn't get a DSG tune again, and because of that the DSG now cuts power due to torque when changing into 5th and sometimes into 4th gear, the throttle body momentarily closes and boost drops to 1 bar (and I lose half a car every time this happens against another DSG). When that happens it works like a manual transmission with OK shifts. When I had a DSG tune I didn't have any cuts but maybe this contributed to the wearing of the clutches and I don't want to risk that.

For all the above I don't blame overload even though I'm trying to get my car tuned from February but it sucks that they convinced me for example to change the valve springs because they told me that that's what's causing the misfires. Unfortunately that tune didn't work on my car, maybe because of my ECU/DSG version. As soon as it gets cold I'll install water/meth to increase timing and a boost controller so that I can finally see 300+ bhp (on a maha).

Today's dyno on dyno dynamics:

Queens_Cupra_e-tuners_stage_3_Hybrid_Turbo_Dyno_zps8f65d111.jpg

and a race against my boyfriend's gti edition 30 DSG, stage 1 revo + intake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey-8UJlywoU

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise