Alternative Interior

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
What alternative interiors from the VAG range will fit straight into my Ibiza? I was talking to Pat (UncleFester) last night about the change of interior in his Leon, which I believe is a direct swap from Mk4 Golf GTi, and it got me thinking?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Mk3 Ibiza is based on the Mk4 Polo isn’t it? Are there any decent VAG interiors that would fit straight into my car?

I don’t plan on doing anything just yet, I just want to see if people on here had done anything different and could provide any photos. For some reason I thought that the Polo GTi interior had recaros, but alas I was wrong. See picture.

Polo_GTi_Interior.jpg

But something like that should fit straight into an Ibiza shouldn’t it?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
probably a straight swap.... but why would you want those seats? they look unsupportive compared to the std ones

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
probably a straight swap.... but why would you want those seats? they look unsupportive compared to the std ones

I was just using that photo as an example. I saw Pat's fancy recaros last night and for some reason thought that the Polo GTi might have something along those lines. Obviously compared to my standard ones I know which i'd prefer :D

But was just wondering if there is something else that will fit from the VAG range

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I always wanted to put S3's in but they are just too damn big for the Ibiza. MK4 golf would be the same i fear. But saying that you can make anything fit, its just how much work you want to put into it, and how much room you want to sacrifice.

My logic was... I've seen a mk2 Golf rallye with S3's in, a mk2 with Ibiza 3 interior as a straight swap - no messing, so an S3 SHOULD fit into an Ibiza.

Otherwise a MK2 golf Recaro interior out of a G60 or something like that would be good, very nice seats and electric too :)

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I've seen some Recaro's from a Mk3 Golf GTi which looked nice, need a bit of work doing to them, but its just cosmetic and nothing a professional valleter couldn't do for me.

Not seen the S3 interior to be honest, might have to take a look.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
a lad round here has a polo GTi and his seats are full leathers as standard, really nice actually.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
only thing puting me off the tt seats is the fact they are heavy due to the heater elcements and electric motors,
a set of retrimmed typr r seats will fit. and theres plenty of them in the breakers yards now.
most seats can be made to fit most aplications, i made my own subframes in my megane coupe for some cobra daytonsa by usinf part of the original seat frames and then a wleder and some flat bar. sprayed it up made some trim panels for the side. good as factory fit.

beezaturbo

May 9, 2006
Staffordshire
my rears in the megane coupe were £250 in the rock fabric that the cobras come in. did a top job but to be honets it was a bit expensive for what it was.

fitting the tt fronts sont be too bad as i'm sure the rears could be made to fit, got my mate poping down with one and we'll get the rears out and try.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
What you might be able to do is get the front seats installed on custom frames then remove the covers from your rear seats and find a near match that you can fit to them. I did this on my previous honda, pig of a job but looked really good when done.

You basically remove the outer seat covers, unclip all the metal trim hooks and then fit the new cover onto the seat foam and reattach the trim clips to pull the covers into the correct location.

If you buy new seats from cobra or the like, they offer a retrim option for rear seats, not sure how much this is. I paid £300 for the full interior cover set from a bloke on ebay. I would guess there's interior trimmers who will offer a similar service if you send your seats to them and will match the material / style you have on the fronts ....

Couple of pics below to give you some idea.

2434b51e8a36154cb4ff75850e2d77ef.jpg

4d5e7540779cb1787624f1df5cd74ba1.jpg

Just seen the two posts above that came on whilst i was typing this one - guess you have some good answers / options now.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.