• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Adaptive cruise control

Standard specifications are regularly altered. It's possible that for whatever reason, they decided to remove it from the standard specification during that build period. It's possible it's a balls up, it's also possible it's intentional

The standard spec now likely isn't the same as last year

Your car is equipped with 8G0, so no high beam assist/matrix headlights
It's also equipped with 8T6, Cruise control system and speed limiter

Attachments

• VSSZZZKL6RR030426#.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Great.

The recourse is as said further up if the order identifies that component then you have a case if not goodwill. Manufacturers have an opt out in that footnote to the brochures.

I remember the Spanish Seat board was musing over a class action on DCC at the time, given no Atecas were built with it but they had it in the spec and pre ordered against that spec. DCC didn't come till a few years later. They felt suckered into a car that was suppose to have DCC. In the UK DCC never appeared in the brochures at launch.

It all comes down to a detailed dealer order form if you want to go after them about changed spec after the event, other than to get the missing bits it's the world of retrofit. Vag cars having some common components allow mixing and matching between the models but on the electronics front on control systems that's were the link back to the mothership is required and associated costs to pay for those systems that dealers and some high spec retrofitters have. Ie. A license. Yorkshire Retrofit being one of those reliable outfits 👌. Dealers may not wish to do too much outside normal service and repair.

Tell

Staff member
That's where the skills of the decent retrofitters come in. There was one case of a DIY Ateca mechanic lass that had bought all the parts for the motorised tailgate and vitual pedal but needed the mothership programmer. Dealers couldn't do the coding since based on her Vin the coding wasn't on the menu so they couldn't do it. Retrofitters in the South of England couldn't do it. At the time a German company sold the parts, how they remotely coded it, who knows, probably you had to go in. I'm told by East Yorkshire Retrofit that they can now do it. She probably ordered the parts from Germany.

Lesson here, not to assume that you can cut corners with a car order and get stuff post fitted later. You have to research the subject. Not all retrofitters are equal. Many people obviously enjoy customising their cars, the wrinkles of getting stuff fitted. Not all tasks are DIY due to the control mechanism put in place, the car's software. You have to pay attention at purchase to what you are buying, for lease and PCP cars their options to fiddle with things is limited since it isn't their car so they have a life of "detailing it" conversations of which polish to use etc. The secondhand market and real owners of the car can embark on post fitting things although PCPers strip out items when passing it back like the spare wheel, boot cover etc. I prefer to splash the cash and buy all the luxury items at the start.... and with Seat savings those for the Cupra now, my complaint is I'd have to buy Cupra bling now as well :oops: . You can't win them all.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
the dealers can code manually, it simply depends on the competence of the dealer

Tell

Staff member
Odis stuff as far as coding can't be done as DIY.

My experience with the Seat dealer you are talking about a mechanic with not very good computer skills. They just do what central Milton Keynes HQ for VAG tells them to do on the tricky stuff. For the lass with the motorised tailgate she wanted them to code, they only had the coding offered to them with the correct VIN if installed at the factory. Since it wasn't factory fitted their system wasn't offering up the coding so fell into the "no can do category". There aren't very good chain dealers in the UK. Independents are better in my view. Local Seat garage people take their non Seat's non Vag cars to since they are so well considered. Happy to look at them.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
If it is an activation code or a guided function where you access the server in the factory, then of course not. But you can also code manually in odis. I speak from experience

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
I think odxxx S or Odxxx E has its place. In some cases odxxx E is better than vcp or helps where the rest give up. I personally use obd11, vcds, vcp+VIM, odxxx S+E.

Odis stuff as far as coding can't be done as DIY.

My experience with the Seat dealer you are talking about a mechanic with not very good computer skills. They just do what central Milton Keynes HQ for VAG tells them to do on the tricky stuff. For the lass with the motorised tailgate she wanted them to code, they only had the coding offered to them with the correct VIN if installed at the factory. Since it wasn't factory fitted their system wasn't offering up the coding so fell into the "no can do category". There aren't very good chain dealers in the UK. Independents are better in my view. Local Seat garage people take their non Seat's non Vag cars to since they are so well considered. Happy to look at them.

Coding/adaptations can be DIY within ODIS S, using self diagnosis. ACC is SWaP/FoD, not just coding
You can't automatically configure modules that aren't supposed to be on the car using ODIS S, it would have to be done manually. You can't parameterise a module that shouldn't be on the car using ODIS S which is why the dealer will have been unable to configure the power tailgate you mentioned.

The higher ups (tech support/factory) can do more but even then there's red tape involved.

ACC can be retrofitted, but on MQBevo it's expensive. SFD2 adds substantial costs too (if enabled). This vehicle doesn't have SFD2, however you'd still be looking at around £1400 for ACC (the price is the same for up to 8 FSIDs, please see the attached)

Attachments

• MQBEVO FECS.pdf
    114 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
The retrofitting itself was not actually up for discussion. Of course, it is about more than just hardware replacement and coding. As far as I know, SFD2 was activated at the same time as the UNECE implementation. However, VW has brought this forward in certain vehicles with the installation of the next hardware generation.

According to my information, obd11 also activates SFD2 with a valid Pro license, in some cases

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2024
The question is whether all of the UK models had it missing. Seat / Cupra often say the advertised spec may vary. The UK branch passes onto the factory the car to be built in the range. My belief they don't have good QA on the advertised spec and what the factory builds. In my case Seat UK knew they had misbuilt mine.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
What is valid is what is stated on the order confirmation. Even here, the OEM reserves the right to make changes by changing the model year or package, etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members