5F Pre FL with FL Bumper

Sep 22, 2024
Hey guys!

Im doing this topic since i cant find it anywhere.
Im starting to see a few leons 5f pre FL with FL bumper, and they look much better!

My question is, is possible to directly swap them?
I have some people that say, "yeah straigh swap, lights are different but just internal design etc, their dimension are the same", others say "no, you need to change lights and hood in order to do it".

Anyone already done that?
This is bumper im refering to.

Thanksss

Attachments

• brussels-belgium-jan-2020-seat-leon-brussels-motor-show-third-generation-facelift-typ-5f-hatch...jpg
    brussels-belgium-jan-2020-seat-leon-brussels-motor-show-third-generation-facelift-typ-5f-hatch...jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 33

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
If you want to change the bumper then the bonnet (hood) needs to be changed too based on part numbers. I believe the grill is a different shape so the bonnet is a different shape in the middle but I've yet to confirm that in person.

Wings are the same and the lights shouldn't matter as I've seen PFL lights on a FL car. Or was it FL lights on a PFL car.... Either way, I've seen the lights are interchangeable physically but require additional work.

I'll be doing this myself in the near future so I've looked into it at a reasonable depth.

Last edited:

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
So, I misunderstood that, it was just about the shape and whether it fits. Yes, electrically it's a lot of work. I would then convert the gateway to 3Q and the BCM to FL generation. Or do you leave the headlights VfL?

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
So, I misunderstood that, it was just about the shape and whether it fits. Yes, electrically it's a lot of work. I would then convert the gateway to 3Q and the BCM to FL generation. Or do you leave the headlights VfL?
In my case I will be changing to FL headlights but OP should be able to stick with the vFL lights without issue if they just want to do a bumper swap.

The FL headlights are an improvement over the vFL lights from what owners have said when they go from a vFL car to a FL car. Personally I find the vFL headlights to be adequate at night.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Don’t overlook the fact that changing the bumper (and bonnet / headlights?) to those on the later facelift car is technically a cosmetic modification. If you check the small print in your insurance policy you’ll probably find there’s something in the small print that requires you to advise your insurance company of any modifications. If you fail to do so and you’re then unfortunate enough to need to claim on your insurance, it could affect the outcome of the claim.

Additionally, if you sustain frontal damage and the insurance company is unaware a pre-FL car has a FL bumper / bonnet / headlamps, if those parts are damaged and need replacing, the replacement parts may be pre-FL parts.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.