300 Bhp????

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
must agree, i dont think thats achievable out of the standard turbo, well not for more than 5 minutes anyway

:)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
It is possible to use the K04 turbo for a 300+bhp engine - my friend has an example in a Mk1 Golf trackcar. It is however very far from a standard 225bhp engine - altered compression ratio, gas flowed head, DTA ECU, straight through exhaust (i.e. no cat and very little baffle) etc etc. That was measured at 295bhp at the wheels (estimated at around 318 at the crank if I remember rightly). Its done about 3000 miles in this state of tune on track. I have no idea how long it would last on the road under ever day conditions. Pretty good if you looked after it!

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
once again ,it depends on who's RR you use.:lol:

The best i've seen from any ko4 based car(various mods) at Awesome gti is 255bhp @ wheels and approx 270bhp crank.

Find it doubtful that any ko4 will see 300bhp regardless of engine mods (nitrous doesn't count)

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Sorry Custard, thats simply not the case. Not saying its cheap or easy (far from it), but it is possible.

Fitzy7375

Oct 22, 2006
Burnley
You're all missing the main thing on his ad.
"THE NUMBER ONE SEAT LEON CUPRA R IN THE UK"

:roflmao:

I live in Burnley and have used Burnley Car Audio a few times and can honestly say that I have never seen this Cupra. It looks like 300bhp tho :whistle: But if he has the paperwork to prove that it's 300bhp then who are we to argue.:shrug:
Everybody thinks that their own motor is number 1 in the UK. [B)]
Anyhow, does anybody know when the little button at the bottom of the door pillar is pressed whether the sensors are on or off in the car ? Does it reset itself ? My little lad found the button and god knows how many times he pressed it. Is there anyway that you can tell without having to sit in the car with the doors locked waiting to see if the alarm goes off ?
Cheers

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
Do like it on those wheels (superleggeras?) Suits a red one.

Optimistic figures though! Looks like from the description that he hasn't done all the mods (wheel scuffed when I bought it) and probably hasn't had it that long.

Still he's getting a good price for it so far, I seem to see lots of cars going well under value on Egay.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
wheels look gorgeous
but it just doesnt add up for me personally, not with the mods

as said, no TIP or FMIC, wouldnt like to try and run a cupra r at 300 without those

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Correspondence with vendor:

Q
Hi, does the car have a rear anti-roll bar?
is there any brake upgrade (what pads fitted?)
Which rolling road did it put out 300bhp on? Do you have any plots you can email me?
With thanks

A
HI THE CAR JUST HAS A FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR. THE BRAKES ARE BREMBO FRONT FOUR POT CALIPERS AS STARDARD AND BREMBO DISCS ALL ROUND MINTEX RACE PADS FRONT AND BREMBO REAR PADS. PADS NOT THAT OLD AND JUST HAD A BRAKE FLUID CHANGE.ITS ACTUALY 292BHP AND THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD IT ON ROLLING ROAD AND I DONT HAVE A PRINT OUT BUT THE MILLTEK EXHAUST ADDS 50BHP ALONE NEVER MIND THE RE-MAP STAGES 1,2 AND 3.
REGARDS DAMION

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.