205/55/16 Wheels fitment?

YorkIbiza

Jan 8, 2008
York, North Yorkshire
Looking at buying 4x 16'' alloys with good tread of size 205/55/16 off a 53 Plate Leon Tdi 130, as i need new 2 new tyres anyway and these will cost me roughly the same and im sick of 14'' steels :(.

Just wanting to confirm that these will fit straight onto my Ibiza no problems?

Thanks for any info.

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
I think you would get a LOT of rubbing
I changed the tyres on mine from 205/45/16 to 205/50/16 and they are fine travelling unless you get to bumpy bits. (mine is on standard Sport Suspension setup) It's ok at low speeds, but i have worn some holes in the Arch liner where it is screwed on to the arch.

on a plus side, I noticed a significant reduction in road noise, but not sure if was due to new tyres or new & different sized tyres.

on a downside, it looks rather high

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
No problem mate, you could get them and if they rub just sell the tyres and fit new ones?

I actually live out Pickering way, but i'm in Huntingdon every weekend when i go out in town:lol:

Used to be in Haxby a lot due to the ex:whistle:

Will keep a look out for you mate, what Ibiza you got?

If you see an 07 red Ibiza it might just be me, i've not seen that many around...yet:lol:

YorkIbiza

Jan 8, 2008
York, North Yorkshire
How olds the ex? Might know her :p

I will keep a look out for you, I have a red 04 Mk4. Have some pics to up-load but dont have a clue how to do it. :confused:

Think thats the best option, though what size tyres would be best, can you get low profile 16's?

Whitechapel

Adam Hilton
May 5, 2009
York/Kingston
She will be 18 now, this was about 3 years ago...YES i am the same age as her:lol::cartman:

I'm guessing you will be older than me so you probably won't know her haha

and for uploading pictures, when you have them in a folder on your computer go onto a image hosting website, for example www.imageshack.us and go on upload and choose the image. Then it will give you a load of codes, choose the one that is like [img ]blahblahbalh[/img ] without the spaces and just copy it straight into a post. Hope that helps,

Adam

Last edited:

Gorynych

A good Tyre size calculator w w w.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members