1L 2019 FR - Oil Type?

May 27, 2023
Hi,

I have just had to ditch my car in a lay-by due to a low oil pressure warning, I am hoping the filter has come lose as there seems to be a pool of oil under it on the plastic tray. The engine was too hot to tighten it and I need oil. Looking at Euro Car Parts and Halfords it comes up with multiple types, anyone know the correct type? I am not near the car or manual.

CleanShot 2024-07-24 at 09.07.50.png

Jagger

Feb 24, 2024
Hi,

I have just had to ditch my car in a lay-by due to a low oil pressure warning, I am hoping the filter has come lose as there seems to be a pool of oil under it on the plastic tray. The engine was too hot to tighten it and I need oil. Looking at Euro Car Parts and Halfords it comes up with multiple types, anyone know the correct type? I am not near the car or manual.

View attachment 43341

Jagger

Feb 24, 2024
Should be VW spec 509 and 509 0W-20. I use Castrol LL IV, available from Halfrauds but not ECP. Look at Castrol UK oil selector. However if you are loosing a lot of oil you may want to buy somethinbg a bit cheaper.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just make sure that that oil is not coming from a slackened off or separating cam shaft pulley - if it is that, you should be able to see traces of oil escaping from the cam belt cover on the RHS of the engine, and if it is that, you really should not be driving it until it is repaired.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise