1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

Tsi_Cupra

Jul 25, 2011
Chorley, Lancashire
thanks mate, now im ready for the 1/4, no1 i kno has got one so im glad i found out about this forum!!, much appreciated, ive got 3 runs at santa pod so gunna try S mode, and paddle shift, see which comes out best! wish me luck haha

Deleted member 55317

i use +/- mode TC off and change at 6500rpm i find sport changes to late and it lags a little

Deleted member 55317

i used to launch in S and let it change to 2nd for me but i found that doing it manual saves me about .2s but its easier to f-up as if u leave it to late computer changes to 2nd as u do and u end up in 3rd :| annoying haha

Ianmr

Mar 17, 2011
Yea, that happened to me, the one time someone was videoing me racing shuggy :( i just went backwards :(

Deleted member 55317

LOL!! maybe u can sell the vid to revo under the illusion of Stage 2 vs Standard....they wont know u missed a gear unless they read this haha!!

and it is nice to know that we are less than 1s slower than the stage 1/2 folks on the 1/4 mile lol not bad for still having a warranty :p

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Your standard runs are about the same as a std mk2 focus RS which shows how impressive these are at the 1/4 mile. Fwiw 1 second on the strip at a terminal of 100mph equates to around 44 metres.

I was consistently beating a 300hp golf at inters, but. That's purely because our cars are so tractable off the line, from a rolling start he annihaltes what my car can do, so in real life im not a believer iin 1/4 mile times being a true representation of the cars potential. If you want a true representation have a look at doing a 30-130mph day. Much more sympathetic on tthe transmission, and no launch factors to add variation.

What the 1/4 mile is good for is upsetting the ford and vauxhall crowd, and Is wwhy I love having a skoda because it hurts so much more when you bet them lol

Tsi_Cupra

Jul 25, 2011
Chorley, Lancashire
A gti came up along side me at the lights last night, i had it in S mode with traction on, it suprised me really as he nearly had me 1st and 2nd, how much of a difference does it actually make with traction off? Just curious as i wernt expectin a 106 gti to keep up off the lights!!, :/, mine is standard but surely should leave one of them off the lights? Wat u guys think? :)

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
A gti came up along side me at the lights last night, i had it in S mode with traction on, it suprised me really as he nearly had me 1st and 2nd, how much of a difference does it actually make with traction off? Just curious as i wernt expectin a 106 gti to keep up off the lights!!, :/, mine is standard but surely should leave one of them off the lights? Wat u guys think? :)

0-60 time for the GTI is 8.4s so on paper a second and a bit slower but it all depends on driver, conditions, tuning etc etc. You can never be sure what's been modified these days and what hasn't

Tsi_Cupra

Jul 25, 2011
Chorley, Lancashire
0-60 time for the GTI is 8.4s so on paper a second and a bit slower but it all depends on driver, conditions, tuning etc etc. You can never be sure what's been modified these days and what hasn't

True comment mate, well its first time ive raced someone from the lights so still testin to see whats best reallu, but since i joined this forum last night ive learnt alot more than i knew!,

Next time im at the lights i will be turning traction off and keepin it in +\- not S mode haha ;), cheers

Deleted member 55317

careful with the "street racing" comments bud its against forums rules and the admins dont like it.

racings for the track ;)

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Just done my 1st 1/4 mile today @ York raceway.

13.99secs @ 101.05mph. Polo 6R GTi, Milltek TBE, Revo stage 1, Road tyre, rear seats+ spare tyre removed.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
will be udpadting in to seconds and removing all guys with no proof of times.

You not have the ITG fitted Ry?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
will be udpadting in to seconds and removing all guys with no proof of times.

You not have the ITG fitted Ry?

No Sy, standard filter/intake + intercooler at the moment. Should have the ITG in by the end of the month.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Some good times there Ty. What was your 0-60 like?

No 0 - 60 times available today which was a shame. 60ft time was 2.42 which is ok i suppose. Like i v,e said traction was very poor and i,m not very good at it yet:shrug:.

Its Ry by the way:D

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
now updated.

Ive deleted 3 guys from the running order as we have still not seen proof of the times:think:;). If im mistaken, post up time slips and ill re add you onto the running order.

Also if ive got your specs wrong, let us know and ill change them

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members