1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

dee_rz

Haha you haven't seen it unprepped?!?

Lol! Do you realise how much it costs to glue and fully prepare?? As in the last time they did a major prep was wayyyyyy before I ran!

On a non main day believe me you'll feel the difference!

Either way it doesn't matter I was also running the stock tyres which if changed will help loads! A late 13 will be happening! Shall up load a pic of the slip later anyway :)

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Haha you haven't seen it unprepped?!?

Lol! Do you realise how much it costs to glue and fully prepare?? As in the last time they did a major prep was wayyyyyy before I ran!

On a non main day believe me you'll feel the difference!

Either way it doesn't matter I was also running the stock tyres which if changed will help loads! A late 13 will be happening! Shall up load a pic of the slip later anyway :)

You used a very lose statement when said unprepped so it's difficult to see what you meant. I'm guessing you mean unprepped as in they did it that day but you ran after a few cars had run rather than unprepped as in they hadn't touched it at all.

Yeah I do realise the cost, going up there for the past 5 years and doing more than 250 1/4 mile runs you get to know the track and people pretty well :rolleyes:

dee_rz

Fair do's I get you!

Haha however I also know and have you trumped in that department! I've been racing up pod for over 10 years and have probably done closer to 500+ runs! This little tsi is my baby car which I run every day that I do little bits to.

I have a considerably quicker and more expensive car that I tend to use a little more often ;-)

That being said I love this little Ibiza and it goes alright :)

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Don't get me wrong with my reply, it's not about trumping someone or willy waving, just making a point I know the track and know how much it costs to prep it.

You will never get a fully prepped 1/4 mile track wherever you go, it's just not fessible. I do think though SP is the best 1/4 mile track in the country, having been to a couple you see how bad they can be!

dee_rz

Yeah but I have a big willy lol!

Yeah I get ya! It's kinda luck of the draw but if you go on a main day and not a Rwyb day they will glue it maybe 2-4 times rather than probably once and you'll notice the difference! Can probably help up to and as much as a few tenths! You really can feel it!

Yep totally agree! pod is the closest for me and I hit it the most!

Aug 3, 2011
Prepped or not Santa pod is the best/quickest quarter in the UK no? The rest are ran on corse concrete or airplane runways/that kind of thing?

Jay

Aug 3, 2011
Lol nah it's known that Santa pod is up hill and runs slower than most strips so it's a solid time! I will go back and Hopfully lay down a solid late 13! Plus I'm gonna do the whole shifting earlier thing too :)

Look forward to seeing how you do fella :)

Just to answer my own question few posts up I googled :)

Santa Pod remains the fastest all-asphalt dragstrip in the world since most North American tracks are partially or entirely concrete in construction.

Yes, good time, changing earlier will help but stay in 4th dont bother getting into 5th unless the car dose it(changes into 5th @ 101mph, mine does @ least)

Getting some lowering springs on mine as well so that should help a little with traction off the line as well, right guys? Less weight trasfer ect.

JC- 12th :p im up there too now

Jay

Last edited:

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Still looking for my old time slip which would put me 3rd. Will have another go over summer. Should beat old time anyway

Aug 3, 2011
I did until about 2 weeks ago :) Lets people know what you've been up to :)

I want some vinyl that says my 1/4mile and 0-60 time- but again, thats sad lol

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Only just spotted a pic of my car in VW Driver mag - GTi Inters report August issue page 21. Forgot to buy from shop so have to get one through post. Also 2 Ibizas that were quicker than mine over the 1/4mile were bigger engined, 1.8T and 2.0T models. Roll on GTi Festival in Oct. :)

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
There's a RWYB on the 11th August. I quite fancy it as a lot of the VAGOC boys will be there.

Should have a few extra bits on the car......and off the car by then too, so should be a "bit" faster.:whistle:

Aug 3, 2011
Where at Hurdy? York? My go up there n let you trounce my low 14/high 13 run that I will do lol

Aug 3, 2011
Yorks 20mins from me, There running a show called "Ten of the Best" there on sunday, but you cant drag that day.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise