Where can I hang my coffee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Hi,

Possibly a silly question, but when you have got an armrest and an ashtray/trinket box thing in the front drinks holder (which is useless to put your coffee in anyhow):confused:

Where would you/do you put a drink?

Is there anything from SEAT or aftermarket that doesn't look like a Halfrauds add on?:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of getting the armrest, but want/need a drink holder of some description as the armrest takes up the rear drink holders anyway.

I do quite a lot of long journey's and often catch a coffee from the services and stuff (to keep me awake:D

Any help or advice would be great as I'm sure you guys will have a solution:D

Thanks,

Ian

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
small medium drinks ... front holder.

large drinks ... middle holder (just behind the handbrake)

of course, opting for the arm rest and smoking does limit your choices.... unlucky :p

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Cheers guys,

Now I know I wasted my time typing the question:D

Spose I'll just have to sit in the services eh??:cry:

Ian

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
The drink holder provided are, in my opinion, even less useful than a chocolate teapot. the front one can't hold a drink taller than a tiny can, and the rear ones are useless even if you don't have an armrest (when they are covered) because they get in the way when changing gear or using the handbrake! Maybe it's OK if you have an auto? If anyone comes up with an idea on this one, I'd like to hear it. And...what do people put in the CD holder???

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Yep!

I gotta agree Rael:D

I love my Leon but I think after reading these posts about armrests and having had the car for about a month - I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed an armrest:)

Oh yeah, and what do people put in that daft CD holder:confused:

Any news would be great news!!

Cheers guys

Maximus2000uk

I put the stupid coin holder cup in the stupid cd holder thing. Simple really!

LWCARAB

Aug 21, 2007
Essex
Yep!

I gotta agree Rael:D

I love my Leon but I think after reading these posts about armrests and having had the car for about a month - I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed an armrest:)

Oh yeah, and what do people put in that daft CD holder:confused:

Any news would be great news!!

Cheers guys

Well I out CDs in the CD holder :funk: but they do rattle quite a lot.

GazM

Aug 5, 2006
Leicester
I have cd's in the cd holder too until I get my ipod working in there, and they don't rattle at all.

Unless the rattles from the door cards are drowning it out!! :lol:

I normally have a bottle of lucozade or water in the rear drinks holder and don't even notice it's there, haven't had the need to try the one a little further forward.

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
I've got the arm rest and when I use a larger cup I just lift up the arm rest and put the cup in the cup holder, leaving the armrest open. It does get in the way a little but to be honest the cups never in there for that long. ocne i'm done with it I just put the cup somewhere else and close the arm rest.

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Cheers Dean,

I didn't know the armrest had a cup holder in it!!

Thanks for the info..................I can sleep now!!!

MATT'88

Selling Leon 170 TDI
Oct 19, 2008
ESSEX
Excellent news about the armrest opening up as i put my phone in the front cup holder faceing me so i can see who is calling. (It never moves-no matter how bad my driving is) the middle 1 my builders tea cup (you no the one i mean-thermal thing) and the end one i put my can of coke. perfect!!!! Oh and pretty obviously cd's in the C.D HOLDER?? So want an armrest... Does anyone know how much they are?? And how much seat charge to fit?? I think i once saw they were £95.???

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Excellent news about the armrest opening up as i put my phone in the front cup holder faceing me so i can see who is calling. (It never moves-no matter how bad my driving is) the middle 1 my builders tea cup (you no the one i mean-thermal thing) and the end one i put my can of coke. perfect!!!! Oh and pretty obviously cd's in the C.D HOLDER?? So want an armrest... Does anyone know how much they are?? And how much seat charge to fit?? I think i once saw they were £95.???

Hi Matt,

I've been on here for hours trying to find pictures of the armrest (not fitted)
I imagine it fits somehow into the cup holders with screws, but reading some of the stuff, it seems to fit on the top?:confused:

I've seen photos of them open on here and they just seem to have a flat internal and a coin holder - which is fine, but still no where to put the damn coffee:whistle:

There's a guy on here (Sere Motors) who apparently sells the armrest for £95 and they seem to be £105 at the dealers - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong:)

The part number (if you have an 'Aux-In' socket) is 1P1061000A, and you only seem to be able to get one with red dots in the black leather top??:whistle:

Anyhow, just a bit more reseach and I'll be there I reckon:D

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards,

ian

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
Hi Matt,

I've been on here for hours trying to find pictures of the armrest (not fitted)
I imagine it fits somehow into the cup holders with screws, but reading some of the stuff, it seems to fit on the top?:confused:

I've seen photos of them open on here and they just seem to have a flat internal and a coin holder - which is fine, but still no where to put the damn coffee:whistle:

There's a guy on here (Sere Motors) who apparently sells the armrest for £95 and they seem to be £105 at the dealers - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong:)

The part number (if you have an 'Aux-In' socket) is 1P1061000A, and you only seem to be able to get one with red dots in the black leather top??:whistle:

Anyhow, just a bit more reseach and I'll be there I reckon:D

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards,

ian

Armrest is fitted over the top of the cup holders. There is a little tray that sits on top of the holders, but it's only a matter of lifting it off (it's not fixed in place) to get full access to the holders.
Personally i finish my coffee before setting off. Knowing my luck i'd end up spilling it everywhere!:snack:

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Now I understand:doh:

Thats sorted then...................I'm going to have one:D

Thanks for clearing that up Ktulumike, much appreciated:D

Kind regards,

Ian

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
Hope these pics help guy, I'll try and replace them with some better ones tomorrow which I can take in daylight.

armrest1.JPG

armrest2.JPG

armrest5.JPG

The last pic is just a rubber insert that sits on the top to cover the cup holders. Just lifts straight up.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I might look into getting an armrest. To be honest, I put most of the stuff under the passenger seat. Now that is an excellent piece of storage, its cavernous under there!

No need to store CD's as I have an iPod connected. If I get really bored one day, I might fashion a lid to fit over it to use to put stuff in.

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Thanks Dean for taking the trouble to do the piccys, it's really appreciated:)
There's nothing like seeing it in the flesh, so to speak!

What a wicked, simple idea with that bit of rubber.

As ktulumike said - you get full access to the holders, so you get the best of both worlds :D

Now I gotta order one:D

Thanks guys for all the info and input, it's been loads of help.

Kind regards,

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members