• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 24/25 Picking up a new Formentor (2024)

Oct 23, 2024
Hi All,

Came across this forum as I was looking for a new car and really interesting reads with a lot of knowledge.

I noticed some dealers offering the V2 1.5 TSI Formentor at a heavily discounted price - unregistered. I was initially interested in a 2021, one owner model booked for a test drive for this Friday although the dealer describes the colour as Green on the advert, on a follow up call it was described as Mountain Green which it cannot be! They now tell me it is Forest Green!

Anyway, I have this evening pulled the trigger on a Graphene Grey model and look forward to visiting the dealer on Friday after viewing the green one - simply to keep a relationship with that dealer as they are based 15 minutes from me! The 5 year warranty with the unregistered model and the fact I am driving a new car for an extra 6K (9.5k) discount from list price makes sense.

Any hints or tips when I view the unregistered model? The only area I could think of was the software version.

Anything else I should bear in mind?

Reactions: Syphon

Oily

May 31, 2022
Hi All,

Came across this forum as I was looking for a new car and really interesting reads with a lot of knowledge.

I noticed some dealers offering the V2 1.5 TSI Formentor at a heavily discounted price - unregistered. I was initially interested in a 2021, one owner model booked for a test drive for this Friday although the dealer describes the colour as Green on the advert, on a follow up call it was described as Mountain Green which it cannot be! They now tell me it is Forest Green!

Anyway, I have this evening pulled the trigger on a Graphene Grey model and look forward to visiting the dealer on Friday after viewing the green one - simply to keep a relationship with that dealer as they are based 15 minutes from me! The 5 year warranty with the unregistered model and the fact I am driving a new car for an extra 6K (9.5k) discount from list price makes sense.

Any hints or tips when I view the unregistered model? The only area I could think of was the software version.

Sounds like good deal if getting a 5 year warranty.
Don't forget about the 40k 5 year extra tax threshold as that is based on the RRP and not what you actually pay.

Reactions: mannys

Mine was take already

Aug 13, 2024
UK
Hi All,

I bought a V2 1.5 dsg last month - I assume yours is pre face lift like mine. There's nothing to check, I bought have never even been in one let alone driven it. It's a graphene grey as well. Software is fine - it's had the odd glitch and slow boot but nothing that's been a big deal. I'm fine with the touch screen but the lack of physical buttons for heated seats is a pain. They 'learn' so eventually you don't need to adjust them much and you can voice control but still not a great system.

You really need to sit for an hour at home and set up the cluster and the central screen, I very rarely need to use anything but the steering wheel controls after a lot of trial and error.

Mine was take already

Aug 13, 2024
UK
Don't forget about the 40k 5 year extra tax threshold as that is based on the RRP and not what you actually pay.
The list on a 1.5 doesn't get near the 40k mark unfortunately every other engine does which is why I'm in a 1.5 not a hybrid or 2.0. Our 128 was specced to get under the 40k by getting the privacy glass fited aftermarket by the dealer but that was 2 years ago. Most quick stuff unless it's totally bog standard is well over 40k now.

Oct 23, 2024
I nver knew about the 40K Tax threshold but a good point although the list price for the 1.5 is under that (thankfullyl

Oct 23, 2024
I bought a V2 1.5 dsg last month - I assume yours is pre face lift like mine. There's nothing to check, I bought have never even been in one let alone driven it. It's a graphene grey as well. Software is fine - it's had the odd glitch and slow boot but nothing that's been a big deal. I'm fine with the touch screen but the lack of physical buttons for heated seats is a pain. They 'learn' so eventually you don't need to adjust them much and you can voice control but still not a great system.

You really need to sit for an hour at home and set up the cluster and the central screen, I very rarely need to use anything but the steering wheel controls after a lot of trial and error.
Really good to know and appreciate the feedback and tips. It is a pre face lift and going up from a car that has only A/C and rear sensors is a huge jump. I think I will be in there half a day wow'ing at all the features and setting up. Perhaps I should skip the test drive then but not long to go and I will be at the dealers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.