• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat leon mk3 Radio upgrade

May 7, 2024
Well everyone, I’m in the process of changing my seat leon mk3 from the 6 button to the mib1, I took out my old radio and i’m stuck at a pickle, On my new MIB1 Screen it uses a 12 pin, where as my Old one has the quad lock which i’ve routed down into my glove box to the mib unit , i’m missing the cable for the screen ( 12 pin) does anyone know where it is?

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 22

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Two questions arise. Why do you upgrade an old mib1 and not a mib2? Have you thought about the HSD cable display to the unit? I will write the connector part number later

May 7, 2024
Two questions arise. Why do you upgrade an old mib1 and not a mib2? Have you thought about the HSD cable display to the unit? I will write the connector part number later
MIB1 way far cheaper compared to mib2 and yes i have gotten the display cable from the mib to the screen

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
what, where to find it? the plug is plugged directly into the display. the other end is in the Quadlock connector

Reactions: RiponM_27
May 7, 2024
what, where to find it? the plug is plugged directly into the display. the other end is in the Quadlock connector
On the 6 button radio (No unit in glovebox) i had the quad lock was actually connecting into the display now i’ve re routed it into my glovebox to the MIB1 UNIT, Seat must’ve put it somewhere or just not even have it at all.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
my private attitude, I don't present everything on a silver platter. You can also show some personal responsibility or interest

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
If someone comes on here for advice, it is generally not laziness, it is because they have either not been able to find the knowledge they seek, or they don't understand that knowledge, or that they want to ask someone who knows. And when asking a question about their car, it's usually a good bet to ask on a forum regarding that make and model of car, which the OP has done. Far from not showing any interest or responsibility - most folks want to get the right information from the right people, and don't need sarcastic remarks with a link to google. Idea of these forums is to help each other out if we can.

Reactions: Walone and Mo_86

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If someone comes on here for advice, it is generally not laziness, it is because they have either not been able to find the knowledge they seek, or they don't understand that knowledge, or that they want to ask someone who knows. And when asking a question about their car, it's usually a good bet to ask on a forum regarding that make and model of car, which the OP has done. Far from not showing any interest or responsibility - most folks want to get the right information from the right people, and don't need sarcastic remarks with a link to google. Idea of these forums is to help each other out if we can.
HERE, HERE!! :)

Reactions: LeylandVCDS
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.