• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Leon PHEV to join the octopus energy EV charge plan problem

Oct 16, 2024
HI

I am a new user of Leon PHEV. I want to join the octopus energy EV charge plan, but i got a problen on the with apply, when the process to link the seat apps, there have an error “The connection was successful, but it couldn't find any available vehicles.”

And show “1. Ensure your vehicle has location settings turned on. 2. Ensure your vehicle has been updated to the latest firmware version.”

I currently do not have the online service activated. Do I need to pay for and activate the online service in order to locate the vehicles and join the EV charge plan?

Thank you!

Attachments

• WhatsApp 圖片2024-10-1707.12.16_a8da1183.jpg
    WhatsApp 圖片2024-10-1707.12.16_a8da1183.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Syphon
Sep 29, 2024
I had the exact same problem. I paid for Seat online services through the app, changed the privacy settings on the car so the location could be found and it worked straight way.

I had to do 2 test charges though for octopus to move to the next stage

Oct 16, 2024
I had the exact same problem. I paid for Seat online services through the app, changed the privacy settings on the car so the location could be found and it worked straight way.

I had to do 2 test charges though for octopus to move to the next stage
Did you solve it and join the plan when you pay the online service ?

thanks

Sep 29, 2024
Did you solve it and join the plan when you pay the online service ?

thanks
Yes, as soon as I paid for Seat's online services the octopus connection worked immediately.

Octopus' smart charge however isn't all it's cracked up to be, the charge was very inconsistent, some days would be full others would only have 50% battery. Can't explain why but if you disable the smart charge once you have your new tariff, and use the cars inbuilt off peak charge times then it works perfectly.

I must also say that I haven't really noticed a massive increase in my electricity bill since getting the car, the 7p tariff applies to the whole house and really makes a difference

Oct 16, 2024
Yes, as soon as I paid for Seat's online services the octopus connection worked immediately.

Octopus' smart charge however isn't all it's cracked up to be, the charge was very inconsistent, some days would be full others would only have 50% battery. Can't explain why but if you disable the smart charge once you have your new tariff, and use the cars inbuilt off peak charge times then it works perfectly.

I must also say that I haven't really noticed a massive increase in my electricity bill since getting the car, the 7p tariff applies to the whole house and really makes a difference
thanks your information.
I will try to pay it ,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.