• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The all-electric, award-winning CUPRA Born is being offered with a UK first three-monthi return option for drivers who are yet to be fully convinced that an EV is for them.

Boasting an efficient electric drivetrain and dynamic handling characteristics, CUPRA Born can now be purchased by people who are considering their first EV but still have some concerns about whether electric car ownership will suit their lifestyle.

Taking the risk out of transitioning to a fully electric vehicle, the offer provides additional peace of mind for drivers and enables them to experience the exceptional battery range, driving experience and charging convenience that Born owners benefit from.

The new offer, named ‘Love Me or Leave Me’, is available now and if after three months the owner decides to hand back the vehicle, CUPRA will return the deposit (subject to damage/excess mileage etc) whether the car was purchased outright or financed. The scheme is offered on qualifying vehicles ordered...

Continue reading...

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Desperate measures, as the EV bubble has well and truly burst. Unreliability with charging infrastructure, issues plaguing vehicles, poor range and massive depreciation who would want to invest in an EV. I went for a Plug-in hybrid and severely regret it, has been problem after problem since day one

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Agreed, I am afraid the VAG Group need to do some work on there motors as the Jap/Chinese/Korean EV's are better equipped with tech (which people seem to want). As above there are lots of places in the country (eg not in big towns and with poorer population) where the EV does not make sense.

Added to that you can see BMW now telling the EU to cancel / delay the 2035 date when you can only buy EV but without any handouts from the Govt.

Afraid the European car manufacturing business in my view is having a hard time (just check out the reviews on the Paris Motor Show where all the major players are having issues).

and some good news for the Seat/Cupra brand https://www.reuters.com/business/au...seat-counterpart-magazine-reports-2024-09-09/