• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Where is my engine number?

Oct 8, 2024
North East UK
Hi, I need to get a UK registration on my Spanish Leon 5f, 2019. I'm being asked for the engine number, but I don't know where it is, and the manual doesn't tell me. Can anyone help? It's a FR 1.5 petrol engine, 150bhp, type DPCA, auto DSG7 gearbox.
Thanks,
Steve

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi, I need to get a UK registration on my Spanish Leon 5f, 2019. I'm being asked for the engine number, but I don't know where it is, and the manual doesn't tell me. Can anyone help? It's a FR 1.5 petrol engine, 150bhp, type DPCA, auto DSG7 gearbox.
Thanks,
Steve
From a service/repair manual:

"The engine number can be found on the left on the joint between engine and gearbox."

Not sure whether it's easily visible though.
90dd868301449612a1d893ca96677fb3.gif

Sent from my 23113RKC6G using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2024
North East UK
From a service/repair manual:

"The engine number can be found on the left on the joint between engine and gearbox."

Not sure whether it's easily visible though.
90dd868301449612a1d893ca96677fb3.gif

I'll have a look tomorrow, thanks. I guess the picture is showing the gearbox on the right with the engine on the left, viewed from the left hand side of the engine bay.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
No, the only unique references on the registration document is the VIN, and a very long number which identifies me as the owner.
Here in my country, Turkey, when a car comes in a dealer for maintenance or repairs, they print out a work order, and an invoice after the work is done. Both documents always have VIN and also engine number. This might not be the case in every country but a quick look wouldn't hurt if you have that kind of documents from the past dealer visits.

Oct 8, 2024
North East UK
Here in my country, Turkey, when a car comes in a dealer for maintenance or repairs, they print out a work order, and an invoice after the work is done. Both documents always have VIN and also engine number. This might not be the case in every country but a quick look wouldn't hurt if you have that kind of documents from the past dealer visits.

Hi, thanks for your help. I had a look on my service receipts. On some of them there is a space for engine number (NRO. MOTOR) but it is not filled in :rolleyes:

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I found a couple of stickers on the top of the engine, one showing a number in the format *005DPC nnnnnnGGnnnnnn* could that be the engine number?
Your engine number should start with the first three letters of your engine code, which is DPC in your case. The rest is the six-digit serial number, so nine digits in total.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.