• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Electric boot struts replacement - how to remove C pillar trim

AtanasV

Nov 25, 2018
Hi all!

My left electric boot strut finally croaked. I had it repaired once already but the wire was broken at the very root and the repair lasted just 4 months. I ordered a pair new struts and while waiting for those to arrive, I am trying to figure out how to remove the C pillar trim to access the plug.

Can anyone share any tips - is it only held in place with clips or is there any hidden screws I need to be wary of to avoid breaking anything?

Any tips will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Hi all!

My left electric boot strut finally croaked. I had it repaired once already but the wire was broken at the very root and the repair lasted just 4 months. I ordered a pair new struts and while waiting for those to arrive, I am trying to figure out how to remove the C pillar trim to access the plug.

Can anyone share any tips - is it only held in place with clips or is there any hidden screws I need to be wary of to avoid breaking anything?

Any tips will be appreciated!
It may be in the Erwin manuals. They get a bit schematic at times.

Mine are motoring up and down fine but probably like electric windows they give up the ghost with use and weather.

AtanasV

Nov 25, 2018
That site was immensely helpful, couldn't figure out how find the English version of the docs but got the info I needed. Basically I have to remove the bench and bunch of other plastic trim if I want to remove the C pillar plastic cover. I guess I'll try to just unclip the top far and force it open a bit without breaking to unplug and replug the connector. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Tell