• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Interior Ambient Smartlight in Cupra Born, anyone know what it does

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
This?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241012-180546.png
    Screenshot_20241012-180546.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 32
Oct 12, 2024
Hi, yes I see that on the site but one photo does not explain what it does.

Can this be left on when it’s dark and the lights come on? As far as I can see it’s off 90% of the time and only works as a Warning system. I would like it as just ambient light. ???

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Moved to Born forum.

Here you go:

"The interior is illuminated with Smart Light technology as standard. Don’t be confused, this isn’t ambient lighting, but a new dimension in human-machine communication. Horizontal full-LEDs wrap around the width of the dashboard to enhance specific features, giving warnings and indications to the driver and other occupants. Information including state of charge, onboard driver’s assistant systems (Front Assist, ACC and C2X danger warning); infotainment functions (voice control, phone call, navigation system), optional intelligent parking assist as well as locking/unlocking and entry/exit the vehicle. These visual cues add another level of awareness, making the CUPRA Born VZ safer and smarter."

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Interior Ambient Smartlight in the Cupra Born. Anyone know what it does or how it works?
In practice, it doesn't do a lot. It flashes left or right when navigating, flashes red when traffic stops rapidly in front of you, green when charging for the first few seconds, and blue sometimes for reasons I'm yet to figure out.

Reactions: Syphon
Oct 12, 2024
In practice, it doesn't do a lot. It flashes left or right when navigating, flashes red when traffic stops rapidly in front of you, green when charging for the first few seconds, and blue sometimes for reasons I'm yet to figure out.
Thank you so much. If you ever figure out if it can just be left turned on with the lights please let me know.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.