• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Seat Leon FR 2015 - Tire Pressure Warning Light Won't Reset After Multimedia System Upgrade

Oct 10, 2024
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 Seat Leon FR, and recently I had a puncture that I fixed, but the tire pressure warning light is still on. I used to reset it through the built-in multimedia system, but I’ve since upgraded to an Android multimedia unit, which doesn’t seem to have the option to reset the tire pressure warning anymore.

I’ve also tried using an OBDEleven to reset it, but no luck so far. Does anyone know of another way to clear the warning light, or any tips for solving this?

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 Seat Leon FR, and recently I had a puncture that I fixed, but the tire pressure warning light is still on. I used to reset it through the built-in multimedia system, but I’ve since upgraded to an Android multimedia unit, which doesn’t seem to have the option to reset the tire pressure warning anymore.

I’ve also tried using an OBDEleven to reset it, but no luck so far. Does anyone know of another way to clear the warning light, or any tips for solving this?

Thanks in advance!

One solution would be to bin the chinese radio, and install MIB2 👀

Oct 10, 2024
Ah yes, brilliant idea! I’ll just toss the affordable Chinese radio in the bin and spend way more on the MIB2 for fewer features. Who needs modern functionality when I can pay extra for the privilege of resetting my tire pressure warning, right? Sounds like a fantastic use of money! 😄

Reactions: The-Cupra

Frostybear

Nov 7, 2023
Ireland
What unit do you have? Is it connected to the CANBUS? I have EKIY T7 which is a UIS7862 unit, it came with a little canbus adapter I selected Golf mk7 and everything works perfect. I actually have to do mine today and the place to reset the TPMS is buried down in a menu, hard enough to find.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Ah yes, brilliant idea! I’ll just toss the affordable Chinese radio in the bin and spend way more on the MIB2 for fewer features. Who needs modern functionality when I can pay extra for the privilege of resetting my tire pressure warning, right? Sounds like a fantastic use of money! 😄
Maybe less features, but at least the OEM solution will integtrate properly with the car. Surely being able to use functions that are controlled through the factory multimedia is a better option. Remember TPMS was made legally required on new vehicle models from 2014 and is actually an MOT failure point if not operational

Frostybear

Nov 7, 2023
Ireland
What unit do you have? Is it connected to the CANBUS? I have EKIY T7 which is a UIS7862 unit, it came with a little canbus adapter I selected Golf mk7 and everything works perfect. I actually have to do mine today and the place to reset the TPMS is buried down in a menu, hard enough to find.
In case yours is similar, it's

-Vehicle settings app
-Functional state
-Tire settings
-TPMS
-Reset confirm

Reactions: Walone
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.